PHPIDS for Ruby on Rails

machosry

Aug 21, 2009, 9:06:46 AM8/21/09
to PHPIDS » Web Application Security 2.0
Hi,

I am planning to port PHPIDS to Ruby on Rails as a plugin. I hope its
not done already. I searched around and couldn't find anything like
that. So just wanted make sure in the community.

Cheers,
Sri Prasanna

Mario Heiderich

Aug 21, 2009, 9:11:09 AM8/21/09
to php...@googlegroups.com
Hi Sri,

as far as I know there's no Ruby/RoR port so far. If you need any assistance let me know - we'd of course also be happy to announce the project via our blog.

Greetings,
.mario
--
_______________________
php-ids.org

.ﻩﻨﺮﻪﺴ

sri prasanna

Aug 21, 2009, 9:29:11 AM8/21/09
to php...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the reply Mario. It would be helpful if I get a brief description about the architecture. Since I am not a PHP guy I might have missed out few things when I went through the code. So just wanna make sure I did not miss anything.

Cheers,
Sri Prasanna. K
Blog: http://sprasanna.com

Christian Matthies

Aug 21, 2009, 10:23:43 AM8/21/09
to php...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Sorry to disappoint in this case. I wouldn't like to officially present your plugin on our blog since I want to port PHPIDS to Ruby myself.
For several reasons, it would develop to be a disadventage for me to have it done by someone else.

This doesn't mean you're not allowed to write whatever code you like. Just don't highlight it publicy as the official Ruby version of the
PHPIDS project.

Regards,
Christian
Christian Matthies

Mario Heiderich

Aug 21, 2009, 10:38:36 AM8/21/09
to php...@googlegroups.com
@Christian: I am pretty agnostic regarding port announcements. If Sri writes a RoR port it will be announced - if you do too it will be announced either. Why don't you two get together and cooperate?
--
_______________________
php-ids.org

.ﻩﻨﺮﻪﺴ

Pascal Naujoks

Aug 21, 2009, 11:58:38 AM8/21/09
to php...@googlegroups.com
Did anybody already anounce the Typo3 PHPIDS extension? :-)
http://typo3.org/extensions/repository/view/px_phpids/current/

Regards,
Pascal

2009/8/21 Mario Heiderich <mario.h...@googlemail.com>

--
Viele Grüße,
Pascal Naujoks

Mario Heiderich

Aug 21, 2009, 12:03:56 PM8/21/09
to php...@googlegroups.com
Ouch - I forgot that - sorry. If you wish to set up a text feel free - will publish it afterwards.
--
_______________________
php-ids.org

.ﻩﻨﺮﻪﺴ

sri prasanna

Aug 21, 2009, 12:56:52 PM8/21/09
to php...@googlegroups.com
Hi Christian,

It is totally fine. I don't think it would be a problem if we have two versions of PHPIDS in Ruby. Of course mine is not an official one since you guys are the author and this is your idea basically. Perhaps I can take more ideas and significant features from your Ruby port so that I can enhance mine and use at least in my projects.

@Mario: Working with Christian is a big task for me. I am just a newbie with very little skills and I working with him will obviously slow him down. In fact it would be awesome if he ports it soon so that I can use it and which will be far better than mine.

Cheers,
Sri Prasanna. K
Blog: http://sprasanna.com