flash loading files

bryan grezeszak

Jun 3, 2010, 12:08:51 PM6/3/10
to ZZEE PHP GUI
I'm using zzee to help with some production, and it's working great
but there is one problem I'm having and wondering if it is a setting
somewhere or a bug.

As advertised zzee runs flash like my installation if MSIE does with
the exception that the flash file cannot load other .swf files.
Internally the flash is not able to find the file and an IOError is
thrown. Works both online with PHP on the server and local with no PHP
running (just in a browser with the PHP scripts not being run, just
the front end stuff running).

I'm hoping there's just a zzee setting that I have wrong :)

I'm still in evaluation mode if that means anything. The path to the
swf to load is relative and they are in the same directory.

Paul (ZZEE)

Jun 3, 2010, 7:14:03 PM6/3/10
to php...@googlegroups.com
> Internally the flash is not able to find the file and an IOError is
> thrown.

I am not sure how Flash is implemented, and perhaps IE loads swf file to
its cache first and then gives Flash the path to the cached file.

> I'm hoping there's just a zzee setting that I have wrong :)

No, there is no any explicit setting. But perhaps you can do something
about it. First, add .swf extension => application/x-shockwave-flash in
the Media Types tab in the ZPG configuration, then make sure it is in one
of the cacheable types in the Cache tab.

If that doesn't work, try 'file://' URL to load the .swf file, giving the
absolute path to it.

> I'm still in evaluation mode if that means anything.

The eval version should work the same as full as far as flash is
concerned.