Error in PHP GUI

Gert

Jan 20, 2009, 6:32:01 AM1/20/09
to ZZEE PHP GUI
Hi Paul,

The current version of PHP GUI still throws an error when closing the
application. I have just downloaded and installed the trial version
and open and closed PHP GUI.

Regards,
Gert

Paul (ZZEE)

Jan 20, 2009, 7:49:17 AM1/20/09
to php...@googlegroups.com
Hi Gert,

> The current version of PHP GUI still throws an error when closing the
> application. I have just downloaded and installed the trial version
> and open and closed PHP GUI.

If you reinstalled it over the old installation, then your php.ini had
been kept. Which of the PHP extensions do you use?

Can you disable all extensions? Does it throw an error again? If not, try
re-enabling extensions one by one until you spot the faulty one.

Paul.

Gert

Jan 20, 2009, 3:12:15 PM1/20/09
to ZZEE PHP GUI

> If you reinstalled it over the old installation, then your php.ini had
> been kept.

It's a fresh installation made with the Windows installer version.

> Which of the PHP extensions do you use?

> Can you disable all extensions? Does it throw an error again?

Yes, it's the same error: The instruction at "0x01e2f647" referenced
memory at "0x020021d0". The memory could not be read.

Gert

Paul (ZZEE)

Jan 20, 2009, 3:30:11 PM1/20/09
to php...@googlegroups.com
>> Can you disable all extensions? Does it throw an error again?
>
> Yes, it's the same error: The instruction at "0x01e2f647" referenced
> memory at "0x020021d0". The memory could not be read.

What is your OS and IE version?

Gert

Jan 20, 2009, 5:31:12 PM1/20/09
to ZZEE PHP GUI
XP prof. SP3 and IE 7.0.5730.11

Paul (ZZEE)

Jan 20, 2009, 5:59:07 PM1/20/09
to php...@googlegroups.com
> > > Yes, it's the same error: The instruction at "0x01e2f647" referenced
> > > memory at "0x020021d0". The memory could not be read.
> >
> > What is your OS and IE version?
>
> XP prof. SP3 and IE 7.0.5730.11

I'll try to reproduce this environment. Can you switch the UI off to rule
this out?

Do you have this kind of error when you run PHPExe?

Paul (ZZEE)

Jan 21, 2009, 1:11:31 AM1/21/09
to php...@googlegroups.com
>> If you reinstalled it over the old installation, then your php.ini had
>> been kept.
>
> It's a fresh installation made with the Windows installer version.

There is no Windows Installer installation of PHP GUI. There is only
Innosetup self extracted exe.

>> Can you disable all extensions? Does it throw an error again?

I meant can you comment all extensions in php.ini and then restart the
program? Open your php.ini, there could be some extensions enabled. The
default installation loads lots of extensions.

Gert

Jan 21, 2009, 3:43:26 AM1/21/09
to ZZEE PHP GUI

> There is no Windows Installer installation of PHP GUI. There is only
> Innosetup self extracted exe.

That was a bit lazy wording by me, sorry for that.

> >> Can you disable all extensions? Does it throw an error again?

> I meant can you comment all extensions in php.ini and then restart the
> program? Open your php.ini, there could be some extensions enabled. The
> default installation loads lots of extensions.

Yes, I really disabled all extensions. Then I launched ZPG exe without
any page, so nothing else than about:blank is displayed in the
browser, and then I closed the application. After a few seconds the
error message is thrown.

A test with disabled UI and ZPE I will do this evening.

Gert Lehmann

Jan 21, 2009, 1:57:56 PM1/21/09
to ZZEE PHP GUI
Hi Paul,

Disabling the UI doesn't have an effect but switching from ISAPI to CGI. No error occurs anymore.

Same result with ZPE. I just run a ZPE application, which I had compiled with ZPE on a different PC and then deployed on the current test PC: no error message and the program works fine.

Hope this will help.

Gert

Paul (ZZEE)

Jan 21, 2009, 2:38:59 PM1/21/09
to php...@googlegroups.com
> Disabling the UI doesn't have an effect but switching from ISAPI to CGI.
> No
> error occurs anymore.
>
> Same result with ZPE. I just run a ZPE application, which I had compiled
> with ZPE on a different PC and then deployed on the current test PC: no
> error message and the program works fine.

Thanks, Gert.

It means the problem is in PHP. PHPExe has PHP 5.2.5 integrated, while PHP
GUI ships with 5.2.6 (the latest version at the time of its release). Can
you please download PHP 5.2.5 from here:

http://www.php.net/get/php-5.2.5-Win32.zip/from/a/mirror

and replace all php files (except php_mysql.dll) in the directory where
you have installed PHP GUI, which is typically "c:\Program
Files\ZZEE\phpGUI". Then please turn ISAPI back on, and restart the
program.

If you see no error, then the problem is in PHP. They have released v
5.2.8, and you can try it as well.

We had no problems with 5.2.6 on our test computers except for
php_mysql.dll, which we put from v 5.2.2. So if you confirm that either
5.2.5 or 5.2.8 works fine, we will switch to that version of PHP in the
installation of PHP GUI.

Paul.

Gert Lehmann

Jan 21, 2009, 5:22:17 PM1/21/09
to php...@googlegroups.com
It means the problem is in PHP. PHPExe has PHP 5.2.5 integrated, while PHP
GUI ships with 5.2.6 (the latest version at the time of its release). Can
you please download PHP 5.2.5 from here:

http://www.php.net/get/php-5.2.5-Win32.zip/from/a/mirror

and replace all php files (except php_mysql.dll) in the directory where
you have installed PHP GUI, which is typically "c:\Program
Files\ZZEE\phpGUI". Then please turn ISAPI back on, and restart the
program.

No error with 5.2.5, even with php_mysql.dll of 5.2.5

If you see no error, then the problem is in PHP. They have released v
5.2.8, and you can try it as well.

On my PC with 5.2.8 it is the same as with 5.2.6: I'm getting the error message after closing ZPG. Only switching to CGI helps to run and close without error message, even with all extensions disabled.

It's really crazy, I have this problem only on one PC. On the others it's working fine with 5.2.6 and maybe with 5.2.8, too.

Regards,
  Gert

Paul (ZZEE)

Jan 21, 2009, 5:51:48 PM1/21/09
to php...@googlegroups.com
> No error with 5.2.5, even with php_mysql.dll of 5.2.5

Thank you, we will repackage ZZEE PHP GUI back to PHP 5.2.5 soon.

> On my PC with 5.2.8 it is the same as with 5.2.6: I'm getting the error
> message after closing ZPG. Only switching to CGI helps to run and close
> without error message, even with all extensions disabled.
>
> It's really crazy, I have this problem only on one PC. On the others
> it's
> working fine with 5.2.6 and maybe with 5.2.8, too.

Yes, such things are not easy to spot. Thanks again.

Paul.

Paul (ZZEE)

Jan 23, 2009, 4:36:17 PM1/23/09
to php...@googlegroups.com
Version 3.0.3 of ZZEE PHP GUI, coming with PHP 5.2.5 has been recently put
to the site.