Cannot connet to MYSQL sever on local host

webm...@groovon-line.com

Apr 27, 2009, 3:03:05 PM4/27/09
to ZZEE PHP GUI, webm...@groovon-line.com
I just installed ZZEE PHP GUI, and everytime I try to open a .php
file, I get this:

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Can't connect to
MySQL server on 'localhost' (10061).

Am I doing something wrong?

Paul (ZZEE)

Apr 27, 2009, 3:57:44 PM4/27/09
to php...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Your PHP script calls the mysql_connect() function, that is, it tries to
connect to a Mysql server. Your script assumes that this Mysql server is
on your computer. Since you have no Mysql server running, it can not
connect, that is why you get this error.

You need to contact the author of the script and ask what to do or install
and run a Mysql server on your computer.

webm...@groovon-line.com

Apr 27, 2009, 4:02:09 PM4/27/09
to ZZEE PHP GUI, webm...@groovon-line.com
Is there a way that I can use the MySQL on my webhost (Yahoo) with
ZZEE PHP GUI?
> > MySQL server on 'localhost' (10061).- Hide quoted text -

Paul (ZZEE)

Apr 27, 2009, 4:48:18 PM4/27/09
to php...@googlegroups.com
Sure, just provide your Mysql server address in mysql_connect(). Please
refer to PHP documentation.

webm...@groovon-line.com

Apr 29, 2009, 12:58:44 AM4/29/09
to ZZEE PHP GUI, webm...@groovon-line.com
Ok, I know the MySql address, but I don't see a place in the ZZEE PHP
GUI to put it...or are you refering to something else when you say
"mysql_connect"?

Paul (ZZEE)

Apr 29, 2009, 11:08:39 AM4/29/09
to php...@googlegroups.com
ZPG is supposed to run PHP scripts, so you need to edit your PHP script.
If you are not sure how to do it, please contact the author of the script.

mysql_connect() is a PHP function, please see docs on the php.net website.