[Discussion][Member Projects] Hyperf membership application

Vincent de Lau

Jul 6, 2023, 10:12:45 AM7/6/23
to PHP Framework Interoperability Group
Hi all,

As a core committee member I'm happy to announce that Hyperf [1][2] wants to become a PHP-FIG member projects. I'm sponsoring this application and am introducing Leo Cavalcante [3] as the proposed Project Representative. Leo gave me the following introduction to Hyperf:

"Hyperf is a PHP framework focused on microservices and specially suited for non-blocking I/O runtimes like Swoole and Swow. It have a large community, mainly in China, but increasing at another countries around the world, and receives, with a fair frequency, a large number of contributions, making it an active project for PHP developers to enjoy.

It's building blocks for autoloading, routing, middleware, logging and so on, already adheres to existing PSRs and its core members totally agree on still making it a compatible framework providing implementations for new coming standards.

Beyond that, the Hyperf community would like to also help with development of those standards as a PHP-FIG's Project Member having Leo Cavalcante as its Project Representative."

As a sponsor, I believe that Hyperf meets the requirements of a PHP FIG member project. It is an active project, with a good number of downloads and contributors [4]. As per the bylaws [5] I'm starting the discussion period that should last at least two weeks before a membership vote can be called.

Kind regards,
Vincent de Lau
PHP FIG Core

[3] https://github.com/leocavalcante

Larry Garfield

Jul 6, 2023, 1:00:24 PM7/6/23
to PHP-FIG
Hyperf seems to check all the boxes for me, so I have no problem welcoming them in once the vote starts. Thanks!

--Larry Garfield

Vincent de Lau

Aug 7, 2023, 7:43:53 AM8/7/23
to PHP Framework Interoperability Group
I'm happy to announce that the membership vote has been concluded and Hyperf is unanimously accepted as a Member Project! A very warm welcome for Leo Cavalcante as the project's representative!

For reference, the Core Committee voting thread is here: https://groups.google.com/g/php-fig/c/nxJuLjnAxEs and the Project Representatives' voting thread is here https://groups.google.com/g/php-fig/c/QAMWSDGBWYo

Kind regards,
Vincent de Lau
PHP-FIG Core Committee member