[Nomination][Secretary] Steve Winter

Vincent de Lau

Jan 10, 2022, 5:35:31 AM1/10/22
to PHP Framework Interoperability Group
Hi all,

Hereby I nominate Steve Winter for the role of Secretary. Steve was a CC candidate in 2016 and gave an introduction back then on the list: https://groups.google.com/g/php-fig/c/-apfB9nGXAE/m/rlx1j4pZCAAJ

--
Regards,
Vincent de Lau

Steve Winter

Jan 11, 2022, 2:37:26 AM1/11/22
to php...@googlegroups.com
Hi Vincent

I accept the nomination below.

To save having to click through to the previous introduction, please allow me to introduce myself.

After 18 years away, with most of that time spent in the UK, Im now back living and working in my home country of New Zealand. I built my first dynamic web site in 1997 (using something called Claris Dynamic Markup Language, which you’ve likely never heard of ;-), and my first PHP-based site the following year. Since then I’ve been a developer, business analyst, project manager and product owner on web projects of various scale using a mix of custom code, self-built framework, WordPress, Drupal, Laravel and Symfony. These days I’m a freelance developer working mostly with Symfony.

Whilst in the UK I became increasingly involved in the PHP community; attending conferences, user groups, speaking at user groups, as co-organiser for PHPHants for a period and a volunteer at the PHP UK Conference. I see involvement in the FIG as an extension of that.

Working as a freelancer means that I’m well organised and focused, but also able to be flexible with my schedule and so capable of committing time to the FIG as and when it’s needed. I’m passionate about the things I get involved in, an advocate for change, making progress and highly details-focused.

Kind regards
Steve