[Internals][ELECTIONS] Request for Nominations

Mark Niebergall

Feb 8, 2024, 7:19:21 PMFeb 8
to PHP Framework Interoperability Group
Hello Everyone,

It is a little late, but it is election time again. To make up for some time, we are immediately opening the nominations.

The following 4 Core Committee seats are up for election: Chris Tankersley, Korvin Szanto, Enrico Zimuel, and Ken Guest.

There is also 1 Secretary position up for election: Steve Winter.

Those with seats expiring may express their intention to run again for election. Anyone else is also welcome to seek a nomination to be included in the election.

Nominations will be open until 2024-02-16 00:00 UTC, at which time the election will start. Elections will run for two weeks, ending 2024-01-01 00:00 UTC.

Feel free to reach out to the other two secretaries (Alessandro and Mark), or any other sitting PHP-FIG member, to ask for a nomination or for further information.

FAQ:

Q: Who can be nominated?
A: Anyone! The secretaries of the PHP-FIG are basically administrative clerks and community handlers. For more details, see https://www.php-fig.org/bylaws/mission-and-structure/#secretaries
The CC members of the PHP-FIG are basically the technical steering committee; citing the bylaw: https://www.php-fig.org/bylaws/mission-and-structure/#the-core-committee

Q: Who can nominate?
A: Citing the bylaw: "Candidates for Secretary or the Core Committee must be nominated/proposed by an existing Project Representative or FIG Secretary to be considered, and must publicly accept their nomination in order to be valid. Prospective candidates may seek nominations in any way they see fit."

For full election bylaws, please see the PHP-FIG bylaws: https://www.php-fig.org/bylaws/elections-and-vacancies/

Thanks,

Mark Niebergall
PHP-FIG Secretary

Mark Niebergall

Feb 9, 2024, 8:05:42 AMFeb 9
to PHP Framework Interoperability Group
My apologies all, I have a typo in the date for elections ending.

On Thursday, February 8, 2024 at 5:19:21 PM UTC-7 Mark Niebergall wrote:
Hello Everyone,

It is a little late, but it is election time again. To make up for some time, we are immediately opening the nominations.

The following 4 Core Committee seats are up for election: Chris Tankersley, Korvin Szanto, Enrico Zimuel, and Ken Guest.

There is also 1 Secretary position up for election: Steve Winter.

Those with seats expiring may express their intention to run again for election. Anyone else is also welcome to seek a nomination to be included in the election.

Nominations will be open until 2024-02-16 00:00 UTC, at which time the election will start. Elections will run for two weeks, ending 2024-01-01 00:00 UTC.

 Elections will run for two weeks, ending 2024-03-01 00:00 UTC (not 2024-01-01, which has already passed).

Ken Guest

Feb 9, 2024, 8:57:26 AMFeb 9
to php...@googlegroups.com
I would like to serve another term as a member of the Core Committee, so I am seeking a renomination.

Thanks

Ken

Chuck Burgess

Feb 9, 2024, 9:34:23 AMFeb 9
to php...@googlegroups.com

Alexander Makarov

Feb 14, 2024, 5:37:46 AMFeb 14
to PHP Framework Interoperability Group
I'll renomiate Korvin Szanto if he's willing to. Also I nominate Larry Garfield.

Chris Tankersley

Feb 14, 2024, 10:37:14 AMFeb 14
to php...@googlegroups.com
I am nominating Steve King (https://twitter.com/JustSteveKing) for the Core Committee. Steve has been an active member of the PHP community for years, and I thought would be a great set of new eyes on the project.

-Chris

Chris Tankersley
http://ctankersley.com

Larry Garfield

Feb 14, 2024, 5:32:05 PMFeb 14
to PHP-FIG
On Wed, Feb 14, 2024, at 10:37 AM, 'Alexander Makarov' via PHP Framework Interoperability Group wrote:
> I'll renomiate Korvin Szanto if he's willing to. Also I nominate Larry Garfield.

I am already a sitting CC member; my term isn't up yet. :-) But thanks for the vote of confidence.

--Larry Garfield

Korvin Szanto

Feb 14, 2024, 7:35:35 PMFeb 14
to php...@googlegroups.com
I however will accept your nomination, thanks!

Mark Niebergall

Feb 16, 2024, 3:17:45 PMFeb 16
to PHP Framework Interoperability Group
Hello All,

On Thursday, February 8, 2024 at 5:19:21 PM UTC-7 Mark Niebergall wrote:
Hello Everyone,

It is a little late, but it is election time again. To make up for some time, we are immediately opening the nominations.

The following 4 Core Committee seats are up for election: Chris Tankersley, Korvin Szanto, Enrico Zimuel, and Ken Guest.

There is also 1 Secretary position up for election: Steve Winter.

Those with seats expiring may express their intention to run again for election. Anyone else is also welcome to seek a nomination to be included in the election.

Nominations will be open until 2024-02-16 00:00 UTC, at which time the election will start. Elections will run for two weeks, ending 2024-03-01 00:00 UTC.

The nomination period was scheduled to end at 2024-02-16 00:00:00 UTC, but there are insufficient Core Committee (CC) and Secretary nominations. The period will be extended 1 week to 2024-02-23 00:00:00 UTC to allow for 1 more publicly accepted CC nomination and 1 Secretary. Voting (if necessary) will end instead 2024-03-07 00:00:00 UTC.

Current nominations for CC are:
- Steve McDougall (accepted nomination from Chris Tankersly)
- Ken Guest (pending acceptance of nomination from Chuck Burgess)
- Korvin Szanto (accepted nomination from Alexander Makarov)

Who else is willing to help the PHP-FIG group as a CC or Secretary? Please consider seeking a nomination from any Project Representative or Secretary listed for PHP-FIG https://www.php-fig.org/personnel/.

Chuck Burgess

Feb 18, 2024, 2:24:19 PMFeb 18
to php...@googlegroups.com
Ken, do you accept?

Ken Guest

Feb 20, 2024, 7:15:01 AMFeb 20
to PHP Framework Interoperability Group
Nomination accepted - many thanks ;-)

It seems my acceptance email was stuck in my drafts folder since Feb 9th - most odd - hopefully this email won't be similarly stuck!

Ken

Mark Niebergall

Feb 21, 2024, 10:19:58 AMFeb 21
to PHP Framework Interoperability Group
I nominate Matteo Beccati for a Core Committee Member. Matteo is a current Project Representative, and has previously served as a CC Member.

Matteo Beccati

Feb 21, 2024, 11:25:39 AMFeb 21
to php...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mark,