[Internal][ELECTIONS] January 2022 election round, request for nominations

Vincent de Lau

Nov 28, 2021, 11:32:22 AM11/28/21
to PHP Framework Interoperability Group
Hi all,

As the nights in the northern hemisphere are getting longer and longer and people are preparing for the various holidays that we celebrate in the last weeks of the year, I'd like to make you all aware that in January we have election month again!

The terms of the following people will be ending by the end of January:
- Chris Tankersley (Core Committee)
- Enrico Zimuel (Core Committee)
- Korvin Szanto (Core Committee)
- Massimiliano Arione (Core Committee)
- Buster Neece (Secretary)

With this email, we open the nomination period, which will end by 2022-01-14 17:00:00 UTC. Voting will start 24 hours later.

Although it might seem a bit early to already announce the election cycle, we would like to give people enough time over the holiday period to think about which people they would like to see filling these roles in the PHP-FIG.

For details about eligibility and the nomination process, see the by-laws: https://www.php-fig.org/bylaws/elections-and-vacancies/. Please keep in mind that nomination and acceptance needs to be done on the mailing list. If you need any help with the nomination process or have any other question, feel free to reach out to one of the secretaries either by mail or on Discord.

Kind regards,

Vincent de Lau
PHP-FIG Secretary

Vincent de Lau

Dec 24, 2021, 5:47:35 AM12/24/21
to PHP Framework Interoperability Group
Hi all,

As a gentle reminder, nominations for the January election round are open.

Both the Secretary and Core Committee member role are open for any individual. Candidates need to be nominated by a current Secretary or Project Representative. According to the bylaws, prospective candidates can seek nomination in any way they see fit. Prospective candidates are encouraged to make their interest known on this mailing list or on the PHP-FIG Discord server.

Even if you are not in a position to officially nominate someone, it is also perfectly fine to seek nomination of another individual.

Finally, if there are any questions about the roles and what it takes to fill one, feel free to ask questions on list or Discord.

--
Vincent de Lau
PHP-FIG Secretary

Vincent de Lau

Jan 3, 2022, 4:38:32 AM1/3/22
to PHP Framework Interoperability Group
Hi all,

First of all, I want to wish everyone a happy and healthy 2022.

In a bit under two weeks, elections for four Core Committee seats and a new Secretary will start. So far, we have two confirmed candidates for a CC seat: Navarr Barnier and Korvin Szanto. Buster Neece has indicated that he is not seeking re-election as a Secretary but instead wants to take up the role as Project Representative for AzuraCast.

So, there are roughly eleven days left for nominations, which will close by 2022-01-14 17:00:00 UTC.

For the role of Core Committee members we are looking for experienced generalists, with an eye for architecture, edge cases, consistency, and detail. Their job is to review and steward standards with an eye toward "as simple as possible but no simpler", enduring that a spec does something useful and does it well.

For the role of Secretary we are looking for good communicators with a high level of punctuality and professional impartiallity. Their job is to facilitate the FIG and the standards processes, moderate discussions and represent the FIG as whole.

We urge anyone with an interest in either of those roles to step forward and make themselves known. If you now someone that might serve well in one of those roles, give them a nudge.

If you have any doubt if one of those roles fits you, feel free to reach out with questions and concerns. We especially encourage you to join our Discord server (https://discord.gg/php-fig).

--

Kind regards,
Vincent de Lau