Proposal idea: psr/query, Common Interfaces to Query Data

Alexandre Daubois

Jul 5, 2022, 4:10:04 AM7/5/22
to PHP Framework Interoperability Group
Hello !

I'd like to propose a new PSR, whose goal is to standardize the way we query our data in PHP.

The idea came to me while developing a library to adapt the LINQ technology from C# to PHP. As the discussions went on, several of us developers realized that there was a lack of a standardized way to query our data. Each one has its own interface and way of doing things: Doctrine and its ORM is for example completely different in the way it is used than the Finder component of Symfony. It's after discussions about the latter that the idea came to propose these common interfaces (especially the second half of this comment).

I created a pull-request for this PSR at this address: https://github.com/php-fig/fig-standards/pull/1284
You'll be able to see the 4 interfaces I propose for it.

Looking forward for your feedback!

Best,
Alex