Localisation Pre-Draft PSR Request For Participants

Navarr Barnier

Oct 29, 2021, 9:11:27 AM10/29/21
to PHP Framework Interoperability Group
Hey all!

Some interest in a Localization PSR from the community has recently come about - and I thought "this is something I care and think about a lot."  So, I am requesting participants to join me in the initial creation of goals and to form a working group.

I'm currently thinking of targeting third party components that would like to offload translation storage and retrieval to the framework as well as general and specific language packs for those components.

I know TYPO3, Drupal, Laminas, Magento, and Yii all handle localisation and would appreciate WG members from their teams as well as others.

Alexander Makarov

Nov 2, 2021, 2:55:10 PM11/2/21
to PHP Framework Interoperability Group

I'd like to join. Left some comments in the google doc. Hope these will be useful.

Asmir Mustafic

Nov 6, 2021, 10:34:26 AM11/6/21
to php...@googlegroups.com
Hi, I have also worked a lot in the past with localization in the past. I hope to be able to contribute a little.

Asmir

Alessandro Lai

Nov 29, 2021, 2:48:17 AM11/29/21
to PHP Framework Interoperability Group
As a reminder: we have a Discord server for real time chat, reachable at https://discord.gg/php-fig
I've also created a dedicated channel for this effort: #draft-localization

Ralf Lang

Dec 13, 2021, 12:34:47 AM12/13/21
to PHP Framework Interoperability Group
I'd like to participate. I am familiar with some approaches in python, in some js/ts frontend frameworks and, naturally, with PHP Horde Framework.