[Internal][ELECTIONS] Request for nominations

Vincent de Lau

May 12, 2023, 7:19:21 AM5/12/23
to PHP Framework Interoperability Group
Hello everyone,

Unfortunately a bit late starting the process, but it is election time again! To make up for some time, we are immediately opening the nominations.

There will be 4 Core Committee seats up for election, namely those of Larry Garfield , Matthew Weier O'Phinney, Michelle Sanver, Alessandro Chitolina
There will also be 1 Secretary position up for election, as the term of Vincent de Lau ends.

Every one of the five which have an expiring term can express their intention to run again for election, as anyone else is welcome to throw their hat in the ring and help us out!

Nominations are open until 2023-05-20 17:00 UTC, at which time the election will start. Elections will run for two weeks, ending 2023-06-03 17:00 UTC.

Feel free to reach out to the other two secretaries (Alessandro & Steve) or any other sitting PHP-FIG member to ask for a nomination or for further information.

As always,
FAQ:
Q: Who can be nominated?
A: Anyone! The secretaries of the PHP-FIG are basically administrative clerks and community handlers. For more details, see https://www.php-fig.org/bylaws/mission-and-structure/#secretaries
The CC members of the PHP-FIG are basically the technical steering committee; citing the bylaw: https://www.php-fig.org/bylaws/mission-and-structure/#the-core-committee

Q: Who can nominate?
A: Citing the bylaw: "Candidates for Secretary or the Core Committee must be nominated/proposed by an existing Project Representative or FIG Secretary to be considered, and must publicly accept their nomination in order to be valid. Prospective candidates may seek nominations in any way they see fit."

Vincent de Lau

May 12, 2023, 8:24:53 AM5/12/23
to PHP Framework Interoperability Group
Hi all,

On a personal note: I'll not be seeking re-election as a Secretary. It has been a very valuable experience and I'm very happy I got the opportunity to serve as Secretary, but I would like to be more involved on the content and less on the process.

However, during my term I did experience the importance of having a group of active Secretaries to facilitate the various processes. The last two years have been quite active, with the PER process introduction and a couple of some new PSR's, and I hope we can keep this momentum going.

I'd like to take the opportunity to urge people interested in contributing to the PHP-FIG to consider putting their name in the hat for the position of Secretary. If you have any question about the position and what it entails, feel free to reach out to any of the current Secretaries, for instance trough Discord (https://discord.gg/php-fig). Obviously, if you think someone else would be a good fit, please point them in our direction!

Kind regards,
Vincent de Lau
PHP-FIG Secretary

Alessandro Lai

May 29, 2023, 11:58:15 AM5/29/23
to PHP Framework Interoperability Group
Sorry for the delay in the announcement, but we did not yet receive enough nominations to cover the seats that are up for this election; we've got only three CC nominations.

I'm extending the deadline for nominations up to 2023-06-10 17:00 UTC.