handlers priority

Kazama

Oct 19, 2015, 7:04:11 PM10/19/15
to php-amqplib-devel
Scenario: I listen to 2 queues. While my script is busy processing previously recieved message two more come one on each queue. My script finishes what it was doing and gets back to the wait() loop.

The question is: what is the order of processing arrived messages come from different queues? Does it always apply "first in - first out" order or I can somehow prioritize messages from one queue over messages from another one?

Basicly I have multiple processes listening to a tasks queue and a controls exchange. I use the exchange to broadcast commands to all processes. I'd like to have controls messages prioritized over tasks ones: in case there are some tasks prefetched and a controls message comes in next handler called by wait() be the one for controls not tasks.