Consumer stops receiving messages

Naeem Muhammad

Jul 17, 2014, 5:59:41 AM7/17/14
to php-amqp...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

We are facing the following described issue with the consumer/worker side queuing .

Issue:

We have implemented a pdf generation producer and a consumer/worker. They interact with each other via a queue.  The producer post requests/messages for generating pdfs, worker receives messages successfully and performs its task. However, if producer does not post messages for a long time( let say it posts next message after two days) the worker stops receiving messages. In the meantime if producer keeps on sending message to that queue, messages will be stored. Once worker is restarted it receives all stored messages.

Apparently the worker connection still remains intact (because worker does not terminates) but no messages are sent to the worker.

We are using php-amqplib version  v2.2.6.

Any suggestion on how to solve this issue?

Thanks.

Noel da Costa

Dec 31, 2014, 5:25:07 AM12/31/14
to php-amqp...@googlegroups.com
Is it possible that you are not catching exceptions thrown by the library?

E.g. AMQPTimeoutException and AMQPRuntimeException

You could catch these and log them, whic may give you some information about what is going wrong. You can also use the try catch block to manage these exceptions.