Maps

Bob Haugen

Nov 21, 2013, 8:58:40 AM11/21/13
to phot...@googlegroups.com
Forgive my ignorance, but are you guys thinking of sensor maps? As in http://www.habitatmap.org/markers ?  Or https://github.com/fablabbcn/SmartCitizen.me ?

Greg Austic

Nov 21, 2013, 2:18:48 PM11/21/13
to Bob Haugen, phot...@googlegroups.com
Definitely - I can't say we've thought it through very far, but we know we'll have a lot of data with GPS coordinates so there's a variety of mapping options available, with the google maps API being the easier (I'm guessing).

Those links look like they may be pretty useful also.  I'll check it out more once we dive into that problem.

PS - expect this to get a bit more active.  Sometime in early-mid December I'll send an email to beta testers, inviting them to this list to discuss features pre-release and discuss people's plans to use the device.  Still hoping to start the beta in late January.

Greg

On Thu, Nov 21, 2013 at 8:58 AM, Bob Haugen <bob.h...@gmail.com> wrote:
Forgive my ignorance, but are you guys thinking of sensor maps? As in http://www.habitatmap.org/markers ?  Or https://github.com/fablabbcn/SmartCitizen.me ?

Greg Austic