Lost, Broken, Advice Please

Jamie Furlong

Dec 12, 2011, 12:44:52 AM12/12/11
to photogra...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

Firstly it seems I need to sort out my email administration. Many of
your emails had gone straight into my junk folder and I only discovered
them the other week, which explains why I thought it strange that a time
to meet had been organised without me knowing!

Then, when I discovered this, I sent you an email and still received no
reply. That's because I sent it from my webmail server and not my
laptop, so Google Groups ignored it. My apologies for all this,
hopefully I am now on top of things!

I had a fantastic time in Assam and got some fantastic photographs,
which I'll share when I get them sorted. In the meantime I need some
advice. Sadly I broke my Canon 28-70L lens by dropping my camera on the
floor. The camera is ok but the lens suffered. I think the glass is ok
but the bayonette fitting broke, which ripped the electronic ribbons. I
went into a Canon Service Centre in Delhi but they won't touch it
because this lens is no longer supported (it came out in 93) and so they
can't get parts. My fave camera repair shop in the UK said the same thing.

I have found a place in Cochin, however, and wondered if they were any
good and if you would recommend them. They're called Asian Camera Centre
and they are on the 2nd floor of Penta Menaka on Marine Drive. Do they
have a good reputation?

Any help appreciated.

Cheers,

Jamie

PS: Any planned meets yet?

--
[] *** www.followtheboat.com *** []
tales (not just) from the high seas

Binny V A

Dec 12, 2011, 1:30:23 AM12/12/11
to photogra...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

> I had a fantastic time in Assam and got some fantastic photographs, which
> I'll share when I get them sorted.

Waiting for them :-)

> I have found a place in Cochin, however, and wondered if they were any good
> and if you would recommend them. They're called Asian Camera Centre and they
> are on the 2nd floor of Penta Menaka on Marine Drive. Do they have a good
> reputation?

Its well known here - its a good place.

--
Binny V A
http://binnyva.com/

aby mathew

Dec 12, 2011, 7:41:01 AM12/12/11
to photogra...@googlegroups.com

Hey Jamie,
Asian camera service is one of the recommended around Cochin. Give a try whehter they can fix it.

We can plan a meet soon :)

Aby