An apology and an accident - please help

Jamie Furlong

Nov 25, 2011, 9:05:21 AM11/25/11
to photogra...@googlegroups.com
Hi guys,

First up I must apologise as I have found a whole host of unopened
emails from you all in my junk folder. I wondered why I wasn't getting
much response when I was trying to organise a meet-up, and why some
decisions had been made without me knowing. Seems my junk filter was
being over-zealous and was hiding all your responses! Problem now sorted.

On a more serious note, I broke my Canon 28-70L lens last week in Assam.
I'm currently in Delhi and went into a Canon service centre whereupon I
was told that my lens is too old and they cannot repair it since Canon
no longer make the parts (the lens has been superseded by the 24-70L).
Of course this is ridiculous since the glass elements appear to be in
tact. It is just the bayonet fitting and electronics on the neck that
have broken.

I tried Fixation in London and their response was the same as Canon's
official one: it's too old and so they won't attempt a repair.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to who I could contact to get this
fixed?

Any help gratefully received.

Cheers, and look forward to a meet-up some time in December.

Jamie

--
[] *** www.followtheboat.com *** []
tales (not just) from the high seas