Possibly useful links

1 view

wikignome

Jan 27, 2009, 5:20:17 PM1/27/09
to PhotoCampMKE
Maybe a links-sharing thread like this would interest some?

High on the popular sites list on delicious.com just now is

DIY Lighting Hacks for Digital Photographers
http://digital-photography-school.com/diy-flash-and-lighting-hacks-for-digital-photographers
10 DIY hacks

Pete Prodoehl

Jan 28, 2009, 12:04:52 PM1/28/09
to PhotoCampMKE

Actually, we have two ideas...

Either tag links in delicious using "photocampmke" or we can create an
account, and you'd tag links with "for:photocampmke"

And we'd then pull those into the site...

Thoughts on which is better?

Pete

On Jan 27, 4:20 pm, wikignome <tmdowl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Maybe a links-sharing thread like this would interest some?
>
> High on the popular sites list on delicious.com just now is
>
> DIY Lighting Hacks for Digital Photographershttp://digital-photography-school.com/diy-flash-and-lighting-hacks-fo...
> 10 DIY hacks

svd...@gmail.com

Jan 28, 2009, 2:25:17 PM1/28/09
to PhotoCampMKE
I was going to suggest some sort of Delicious thing, whether it be an
account or a tag-naming system.

I was thinking we could use "pcmke" for the base tags and extend those
with "pcmke.flash" or "pcmke.pinhole" or similar. That way it always
includes the "pcmke" in the tag but allows us to be more specific with
what type of information it holds.

Tegan Dowling

Jan 28, 2009, 4:14:20 PM1/28/09
to photoc...@googlegroups.com
Hmm. But pcmke could refer to so many things, though - computers,
politics, etc. PhCmpMke?

Also, though, with any non-milwaukee-specific stuff it might be
neighborly of us to settle on a second tag that would be useful to
photocamps in general; PhCmp?

Pete Prodoehl

Jan 28, 2009, 4:39:19 PM1/28/09
to PhotoCampMKE
Yeah, I would definitely not use "pcmke" but opt for "photocampmke"
instead.

If you want a more general tag, use "photocamp" though honestly, I
think anything tagged with that would be more specific to a photocamp
(putting one on, attending one) than to photograph in general.

Pete

On Jan 28, 3:14 pm, Tegan Dowling <tmdowl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hmm.  But pcmke could refer to so many things, though - computers,
> politics, etc.  PhCmpMke?
>
> Also, though, with any non-milwaukee-specific stuff it might be
> neighborly of us to settle on a second tag that would be useful to
> photocamps in general; PhCmp?

Derek Dysart

Jan 28, 2009, 4:45:02 PM1/28/09
to photoc...@googlegroups.com
In all honesty, the idea was to have a common tag, then have a plugin on the
site that did regular posts on the site as way to keep fresh content flowing
onto the site. We could use 'pcmsitelink' or something, it really doesn't
need to mean anything to a human other than be something you can remember.

Obviously we'd review the posts before they went live so someone doesn't try
to spam our site, but it was mainly a mechanism just to help facilitate
adding content to the PhotoCampMilwaukee site.

--
derek dysart | mobile: (262) 758-2456 | blog: http://hirlpoo.com