Profiles for the web site

Pete Prodoehl

Jan 25, 2009, 9:39:59 PM1/25/09
to PhotoCampMKE
OK, as Derek mentioned, we'd like to profile attendees on the web
site, so people get a good idea of who will be there. We're modeling
it after the BarCampPhilly site: http://www.barcampphilly.org/

So... Here's a few questions.... What do people think? Can you come up
with any other you'd like to ask?

Once we have a list all set, it would be great if each of us could
answer then and supply a photo of yourself for the web site. Sound
good?

Who are you and what do you do?

Why are you attending PhotoCampMilwaukee?

What's in your camera bag?

If you were to lead a session, what would it be about?

Tell us one random fact about yourself.

Where can we find you? (Website, blog, Flickr account, Twitter
account, etc...)

Pete

Scott D. Feldstein

Jan 26, 2009, 10:05:49 AM1/26/09
to photoc...@googlegroups.com
What is the thing you most want to learn by attending PhotoCamp?
--
scott d. feldstein
http://scottfeldstein.net

Bev Johnson

Jan 26, 2009, 10:43:07 AM1/26/09
to photoc...@googlegroups.com
I mostly would like to learn how to get the most out of my Nikon D80, also inexpensive "tricks" that professionals use for someone who just loves to take photos but doesn't have the money for all of the accessories. Easy tips for wedding, portrait, candid shots, black and white....
Thanks!!
Bev

Rachel Kenison

Jan 27, 2009, 3:02:35 PM1/27/09
to photoc...@googlegroups.com
I think this is a great idea. I'd also like to add the question: If you were to go to attend your dream session, what would it be?

Rachel Kenison

Scott D. Feldstein

Jan 27, 2009, 3:05:54 PM1/27/09
to photoc...@googlegroups.com
That's easy for me: How to get breathtaking studio-like results anywhere using only a single off-camera strobe on a stand.

Bev Johnson

Jan 27, 2009, 3:21:44 PM1/27/09
to photoc...@googlegroups.com
My dream session...hhmmmm....I guess first of all, a little compostion discussion, when to use different modes with an attachable flash, also how to adjust on the actual flash ( I took a class at Art's months ago, but somehow the information got lost in translation!)...and I like the idea about displaying...matting, framing. Doing it yourself kind of thing....
Bev

Pete Prodoehl

Jan 27, 2009, 3:47:19 PM1/27/09
to PhotoCampMKE
Ok, I think we have a good list...

So, the next step is for you to answer these questions, and send me a
photo of yourself.

Also, we'd like to include a few photos that you've taken along with
your profile (max of 3) so either include URLs to them, or send them
to me. If your work is "All Rights Reserved" please include a note
that we have permission to use/post them.

Who are you and what do you do?

Why are you attending PhotoCampMilwaukee?

What's in your camera bag?

If you were to lead a session, what would it be about?

If you were to attend your dream session, what would it be about?

Tell us one random fact about yourself.

Where can we find you? (Website, blog, Flickr account, Twitter
account, etc...)

What is the thing you most want to learn by attending PhotoCamp?

Please email the answers and your photos (attachments or URLs) to me
at pe...@2xlnetworks.com instead of posting to the list...

Thanks!

Pete Prodoehl

Jan 27, 2009, 3:58:41 PM1/27/09
to PhotoCampMKE

Hmmm, I think "What is the thing you most want to learn by attending
PhotoCamp?" is sort of a dupe of "If you were to attend your dream
session, what would it be about?" so you can ignore that one...

Also, I'll post mine to the site so people can see how it will look
and get an idea of how this works...

Pete
> at p...@2xlnetworks.com instead of posting to the list...
>
> Thanks!

Gabe Gmail

Jan 27, 2009, 8:16:24 PM1/27/09
to PhotoCampMKE
Pete, just for clarity:

Who is going to put the profiles up? A site admin?
I'm just curious, really.

I'll volunteer to parse some of them if you want.

Derek Dysart

Jan 27, 2009, 8:34:49 PM1/27/09
to photoc...@googlegroups.com
That was the idea, but I'll get you setup as an admin on the site you're willing to hep.

Jan 27, 2009, 10:32:45 PM1/27/09
to PhotoCampMKE
Gabe can't write valid HTML.... don't do it!

Gabriel Wollenburg

Jan 27, 2009, 11:22:20 PM1/27/09
to photoc...@googlegroups.com
No, no, no. Gabe _doesn't_ write valid HTML. He _could_ if only
Windows LiveWriter supported it.
--
----------------------------------
Your E-Pal, Gabe

Abraham Williams

Jan 27, 2009, 11:23:52 PM1/27/09
to photoc...@googlegroups.com
GabeTML. Now unicorn compatible.
--
| Abraham Williams | http://the.hackerconundrum.com
| Web608 | Community Evangelist | http://web608.org
| gg&d | betaGeek | http://girlsgeeksanddating.com
| Micro-email: http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/38822
| This email is: [] blogable [x] ask first [] private

svd...@gmail.com

Jan 28, 2009, 12:24:49 AM1/28/09
to PhotoCampMKE
Hey Derek,

I'd be willing to help with some of the admin stuff including
formatting and posting the profiles. I have a lot of spare time on my
hands and I don't have kids or a job to deal with.

You can email me anytime if you need my help.

Sam

On Jan 27, 10:23 pm, Abraham Williams <4bra...@gmail.com> wrote:
> GabeTML. Now unicorn compatible.

Scott D. Feldstein

Jan 28, 2009, 9:45:41 AM1/28/09
to photoc...@googlegroups.com
If it's at all needed at this point, I'm wiling and able to undertake administrative responsibilities for the site.  I know Wordpress well and have installed it by hand many times.

scott