Canon EOS 1000D

Anu-Linux

Mar 19, 2009, 11:32:42 PM3/19/09
to phot...@googlegroups.com
Hello all,

After waiting for couple of months (doing window shopping :-)), I've decided to buy a Canon EOS 1000D. Initially I was hoping to buy a 350D or a 400D. So if there is any one who have use both models, please give me a feedback on which model is worth buying. Again I know this is a kind of "personal" thing when it comes to the "likeness" factor of a product, but I would like to hear the feedback from you too. Hope to buy one soon and I think it will be cheaper in US or Singapore than in Sri Lanka, isn't it?.

Thanks and regards,

--
දසුන්ප්‍රිය අනුරාධ.
D. AnuradhA

My Blog : http://blog.mihikatha.net/
සිංහළ blog සටහන්: http://anuradha-life.blogspot.com/
My Photo Galleries : http://www.flickr.com/photos/dasun
http://picasaweb.google.com/linuxdassa

Anuradha Ratnaweera

Mar 19, 2009, 11:43:39 PM3/19/09
to phot...@googlegroups.com
Get a camera with spot metering. AFAIK, 1000D has very limited
potential. If possible try a 450D.
--
http://www.sayura.net/anuradha/

Asela

Mar 20, 2009, 12:28:16 AM3/20/09
to phot...@googlegroups.com
Dont go for 1000D,   try to get hold of at least 400D or 450D is much better.

Rukshan Dissanayake

Mar 20, 2009, 1:15:46 AM3/20/09
to phot...@googlegroups.com
450D is much better i guess... i'm using one. i have used 1000D too. but it has less features than the 450D.

Anu-Linux

Mar 20, 2009, 1:34:21 AM3/20/09
to phot...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

Thanks for the replies.. I just called the local canon agent (Metropolitan) and they said they don't have stocks for 450D, and they are promoting 1000D these days, and told me that rough price for it is some where around SL Rs85K. But after I went through reviews, and of course hearing your suggestions, I feel it's much better to go for a 450D. It has the spot metering, live view, and other standard features of EOS range.

Now where to buy is the next question... :-). I surf the web and found that Singapore prices are lower than here in SL. And US is more cheaper.

Any suggestions?

Thanks and regards.

Anuradha.

Anuradha Ratnaweera

Mar 20, 2009, 2:46:06 AM3/20/09
to phot...@googlegroups.com
Try panama tradera at MC. Still it will be cheaper to bring down from the US.
--
http://www.sayura.net/anuradha/

Anu-Linux

Mar 20, 2009, 2:49:52 AM3/20/09
to phot...@googlegroups.com
Hi Anuradha and all,

On Fri, Mar 20, 2009 at 12:16 PM, Anuradha Ratnaweera <anur...@taprobane.org> wrote:

Try panama tradera at MC.

I am going to do another session of "window shopping" tomorrow. This place is in my list ;-).

Thanks brother.

Anuradha Ratnaweera

Mar 20, 2009, 4:03:36 AM3/20/09
to phot...@googlegroups.com
All the best!
--
http://www.sayura.net/anuradha/

Anu-Linux

Apr 10, 2009, 11:54:19 PM4/10/09
to phot...@googlegroups.com
Hello All,

I'm happy to say that I got my self a Canon EOS 450D Yesterday. One of my cousins bought it from Singapore. Money I had to spend on the camera, 18-55mm Kit lens, Canon Camera Bag, 8 GB SD card was 79800LKR. That's very cheep comparing with the prices of the LK market. So once again, thank you all for the suggestions made. I Hope to develop a photographic eye, gradually. Most of the time, it's not the camera we use brings us extraordinary photos... It's our eye. Camera is the tool we use to show the world what we see through our eyes.

Cheers and thanks,

Rukshan Dissanayake

Apr 11, 2009, 3:45:05 AM4/11/09
to phot...@googlegroups.com