Release 2022.12.0

Jim Easterbrook

Dec 2, 2022, 3:14:40 AM12/2/22
to pho...@googlegroups.com
Friends,

I've just released version 2022.12.0 of Photini.

The main change is that the "descriptive" metadata tab now includes
fields for "alt text" that some web sites use to provide a description
of the image for the visually impaired. This was added to the IPTC
standard last year, but I don't know how widely it's used yet.

As always, please let me know if you find any problems.

--
Jim Easterbrook <http://www.jim-easterbrook.me.uk/>

KRW

Dec 6, 2022, 8:32:50 AM12/6/22
to pho...@googlegroups.com, Jim Easterbrook
Hi Jim

I have just run the update and as I normally do I clicked "About" to ensure it reported the latest version.

Instead I received this error message:
13:27:34: ERROR: photini.pyqt: descriptor 'tr' for 'PySide2.QtCore.QObject' objects doesn't apply to a 'str' object

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "C:\Users\Richard\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python39\lib\site-packages\photini\pyqt.py", line 199, in wrapper

return func(*args, **kwds)

File "C:\Users\Richard\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python39\lib\site-packages\photini\editor.py", line 269, in about

MenuBar.tr('An easy to use digital photograph metadata'

TypeError: descriptor 'tr' for 'PySide2.QtCore.QObject' objects doesn't apply to a 'str' object

Not sure that I have done anything particularly wrong - and the program itself appears to be working but felt I should report it.

I am running Windows 11 2H22 updates NOT applied.

Kind regards

--
K Richard Whitbread

Dec 6, 2022, 8:50:43 AM12/6/22
to Jim Easterbrook, pho...@googlegroups.com
Hi

When I used to go to work and we were testing new bits of software they liked giving them to me to break them.  It seems my skills have not gone away!

Many thanks.

Kind regards

--
K Richard Whitbread

Jim Easterbrook

Dec 6, 2022, 9:07:26 AM12/6/22
to pho...@googlegroups.com, KRW
On 06/12/2022 13:50, KRW wrote:

> When I used to go to work and we were testing new bits of software they
> liked giving them to me to break them.  It seems my skills have not gone
> away!

A useful skill to have.

Photini v2022.12.0.1 is now available to install from PyPI.