Translations / localisation

1 view

Jim Easterbrook

May 16, 2022, 10:42:24 AM5/16/22
to pho...@googlegroups.com
Friends,

Some of you may have already discovered that bits of the Photini program
interface have already been translated into common languages such as
German and French. This work is very incomplete, and every time I change
the interface some more translations become outdated.

The online service "Transifex" was being used to allow people to
contribute translations of the program interface and the documentation.
I've recently added Photini as a project on "Hosted Weblate", an open
source alternative that has lots of nice features such as linking
screenshots to the translations so you can see which bit of the
interface uses a particular string.

If you'd like to have a go at using Weblate to translate Photini's
interface, go to https://hosted.weblate.org/projects/photini/

If you don't sign in to Weblate you can only make suggestions for a
translation, but this could still be useful. You can sign in to Weblate
with Google or Facebook (or various others) so you don't have to create
yet another new account.
--
Jim Easterbrook <http://www.jim-easterbrook.me.uk/>