DOM objects improving

Angelo Dell'Aera

Apr 13, 2010, 4:31:20 AM4/13/10
to phoneyc

While analyzing a compromised website yesterday I realized that we still
miss a few methods/attributes in DOM objects emulation. Moreover I was
thinking that maybe it's worth taking a deeper look at the Wepawet paper.
Some of their metrics are not strictly needed by PHoneyC (referring to
"Environment preparation") but some other ones could be useful.

Thinking about these things I'm here to propose to start a deep analysis
and improvement of PHoneyC DOM. The idea is to dedicate a week to each
object trying to improve and make it the more compliant as possible with
specifications.

What do you think about it?

--

Angelo Dell'Aera 'buffer'
Antifork Research, Inc. http://buffer.antifork.org

Joyan

Apr 13, 2010, 7:45:53 AM4/13/10
to pho...@googlegroups.com
good~! once done, it would be a really big improvement~~

Looking forward to seeing this happen~!

Zhijie

jose nazario

Apr 13, 2010, 2:50:19 PM4/13/10
to pho...@googlegroups.com
can you enumerate which objects you want to tackle?

that way we can work together.

-- jose

Angelo Dell'Aera

Apr 14, 2010, 5:27:15 AM4/14/10
to pho...@googlegroups.com
On Tue, 13 Apr 2010 14:50:19 -0400
jose nazario <jose.mo...@gmail.com> wrote:

> can you enumerate which objects you want to tackle?
>
> that way we can work together.

My idea is tackling one object per week with its specifications handy . The
order I see right now is

- Window
- Document
- Location
- Navigator
- DOMObject

but it may change. I suggest starting after the Annual Workshop since I
will fly to Mexico on 20th and have not so much time until then.

Cheers,