Phoneyc Compilation Error - Libemu

Louis

Jun 7, 2010, 3:07:26 PM6/7/10
to phoneyc
I am attempting to get PhoneyC running on Ubuntu 10.04, however I am
having problems with Libemu. While I was able to compile Libemu from
source, compiling the module from within PhoneyC fails with the
following error:

/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lemu
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [compile] Error 1

I have verified that my paths are correct, and even tried the proposed
solution on the PhoneyC Google Group (https://groups.google.com/group/
phoneyc/t/14bf7c9b3b0d7c8b) to no avail.

Any information you could provide in regards to successfully
installing PhoneyC would be greatly appreciated.

Angelo Dell'Aera

Jun 8, 2010, 4:46:06 AM6/8/10
to pho...@googlegroups.com

Please try again after updating libemu to the latest available version. You
can get it this way

git clone git://git.carnivore.it/libemu.git

Cheers,

--

Angelo Dell'Aera 'buffer'
Antifork Research, Inc. http://buffer.antifork.org

Honeybird

Jun 7, 2010, 11:51:52 PM6/7/10
to phoneyc
I also has the same problem before.
I have added the libemu path to ldconfig and use ld afterward but
still has lemu not found error.
My solution is copy all lib in libemu to /usr/lib
>cp libemu.a libemu.la libemu.so libemu.so.2 libemu.so.2.0.0 /usr/lib
that all.

Angelo Dell'Aera

Jun 8, 2010, 5:55:04 AM6/8/10
to pho...@googlegroups.com
On Mon, 7 Jun 2010 20:51:52 -0700 (PDT)
Honeybird <roland...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I also has the same problem before.
> I have added the libemu path to ldconfig and use ld afterward but
> still has lemu not found error.
> My solution is copy all lib in libemu to /usr/lib
> >cp libemu.a libemu.la libemu.so libemu.so.2 libemu.so.2.0.0 /usr/lib
> that all.

The latest version of libemu modifies the default lib path from

/opt/libemu/lib/libemu

/opt/libemu/lib

I committed right now a minor patch to Makefile which should let it work in
both situations. Please test it as shown below and let me know if it solves
the problem.

buffer@alnitak ~/phoneyc $ make
please chose your platform: debian, gentoo, ubuntu, or osx
and type "make <platform>"

buffer@alnitak ~/phoneyc $ make ubuntu
[..]

Louis

Jun 9, 2010, 1:16:13 AM6/9/10
to phoneyc
Yea i figured this out right after I posted this. I manually changed
the path the linker used to /opt/libemu/lib/libemu and was able to
compile.