Compile error found in revision 1581

Honeybird

May 19, 2010, 6:52:50 AM5/19/10
to phoneyc
Hi,

I am newbie of PhoneyC. I try to compile revision 1581 and got an
unknown error.
I compiled it on BackTrack4 (Ubuntu) and CentOS 5 and also got the
below error message:
#CentOS5
"gcc -pthread -shared build/temp.linux-x86_64-2.6/libemu_module.o -
L@libdir@ -L/opt/libemu/lib/libemu -lemu -o build/lib.linux-x86_64-2.6/
libemu.so
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lemu
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [compile] Error 1"

#Backtrack 4
gcc -pthread -shared build/temp.linux-i686-2.5/libemu_module.o -
L@libdir@ -L/opt/libemu/lib/libemu -lemu -o build/lib.linux-i686-2.5/
libemu.so
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lemu
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [compile] Error 1"

Would you tell me what's the problem and the solution to me?

Angelo Dell'Aera

May 19, 2010, 9:06:24 AM5/19/10
to pho...@googlegroups.com
Seems libemu is not in your $PATH. Please try the new build system. Simply
move to phoneyc directory and run 'make ubuntu' on Backtrack.

CentOS is currently not supported by the new build system but you just need
to add the following line

/opt/libemu/lib/libemu

to your /etc/ld.so.conf and run 'ldconfig' (as root). After that

cd modules && make && make install

should do the trick.

Cheers,

--

Angelo Dell'Aera 'buffer'
Antifork Research, Inc. http://buffer.antifork.org

Louis

Jun 1, 2010, 4:46:50 PM6/1/10
to phoneyc
I am receiving a similar problem when attempting to compile. Initially
I received the exact libemu errror, and moved back to PHoneyC's root
directory and did a: "sudo make osx" as outlined in the readme.
However, I am now receiving the following:

Error: The following dependencies failed to build: gconf dbus-glib
dbus orbit2 libidl policykit heimdal lcms libcanberra gstreamer bison
flex gzip libvorbis libogg nss

I tried to build the dependencies separately through MacPorts, however
it doesn't seem to rectify the problem.

Is there something I am missing, or is OSX no longer supported?

On May 19, 8:06 am, Angelo Dell'Aera <angelo.della...@gmail.com>