Re: [PhoneGap] Re: Android AJAX+HTTPS request issues using latest cordova

Simon MacDonald

Aug 12, 2012, 9:30:08 PM8/12/12
to phon...@googlegroups.com
Android does not like self signed certs in release mode. If you are
using a self signed cert then you are kinda out of luck.

There are ways to make it accept all certificates but that is super insecure:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1217141/self-signed-ssl-acceptance-android

Simon Mac Donald
http://hi.im/simonmacdonald

On Thu, Aug 9, 2012 at 2:42 PM, tareed <t...@reed.vg> wrote:
> I can confirm this problem in Cordova 2.0.0. Looking for a fix.
>

> On Friday, June 22, 2012 5:12:17 AM UTC-4, Olivier Louvignes wrote:
>>
>> I got no issue in debug mode (emulator/device) but on release mode.
>>
>> My ajax requests to my server (a simple get on https://api.beelinkapp.com)
>> is broken : SenchaTouch2 gives me a 0 status_code with an empty
>> responseText.
>>
>> Tried a get on https://www.google.fr and it works correctly. So I guess
>> there is a trusting certificate issue.
>>
>> Has anyone experienced this or could help me fix it?
>
> --
>
> For more info on PhoneGap or to download the code go to www.phonegap.com
>
> To compile in the cloud, check out build.phonegap.com

Ivan Tarasovych

Aug 13, 2012, 3:14:51 AM8/13/12
to phon...@googlegroups.com
Yes. But I already have sertificate signed by Rapid SSL.

Olivier Louvignes

Sep 19, 2012, 6:00:44 AM9/19/12
to phon...@googlegroups.com
Did not manage to fix the issue, I do use also Rapid SSL certificates... They seem to be not trusted anymore on Android devices.

Do you think it would be possible to change the default https provider for the WebView?