Phonegap 2.7 and Ripple

Raymond Camden

May 18, 2013, 12:05:09 PM5/18/13
to phon...@googlegroups.com
Noticed something odd. I've got a simple app I'm testing with Ripple. If I copy the cordova.js file from 2.7, it will not work properly in Ripple (reports a syntax error in the JS file). Copying cordova.js from 2.6 works fine. Can anyone else confirm this?

Clawg

May 18, 2013, 9:06:14 PM5/18/13
to phon...@googlegroups.com
I'm getting the error with 2.7 on Ripple too.

  1. Uncaught SyntaxError: Unexpected token < cordova-2.7.0.js:6816
    1. xhr.onload

Alessandro Aprile

May 24, 2013, 3:41:46 AM5/24/13
to phon...@googlegroups.com
i'm tryng this workaround, tnx! it seems that it's enough to don't leave the dummy file empty and instead fill it with "{}" (empty json). I would test if other issues comes up.

2013/5/23 Gary Hayes <nup...@gmail.com>
Does this help?
It worked for me (creating the cordova_plugins.json file).

For more info on PhoneGap or to download the code go to www.phonegap.com

To compile in the cloud, check out build.phonegap.com
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "phonegap" group.

Alessandro Aprile

May 24, 2013, 3:58:08 AM5/24/13
to phon...@googlegroups.com
No, i've verified the workaround fails with just a non empty dummy file. comment "require('cordova/channel').onNativeReady.fire();" in phonegap.js is needed.

Alessandro Aprile

May 24, 2013, 3:58:47 AM5/24/13
to phon...@googlegroups.com
(wa fails=inAppBrowser trows i haz cheezb in ripple)

Marc

Jun 7, 2013, 8:41:00 AM6/7/13
to phon...@googlegroups.com
I assume you mean:

// require('cordova/channel').onNativeReady.fire();

at line 6738 or so.

This seems to work with Ripple. The problem is, do I need to uncomment this for the real version?

Marc

Jun 7, 2013, 9:04:28 AM6/7/13
to phon...@googlegroups.com
Also, now I'm getting the following on Linux:

I wasn't having any of these problems on Windows (but then everything was about 10 times slower).

TypeError: Cannot read property 'xmlns' of undefined at Object.ripple.define.module.exports.validateVersion (chrome-extension://geelfhphabnejjhdalkjhgipohgpdnoc/ripple.js:40:24213) at Object.ripple.define._self.validateVersion (chrome-extension://geelfhphabnejjhdalkjhgipohgpdnoc/ripple.js:37:7372) at _process (chrome-extension://geelfhphabnejjhdalkjhgipohgpdnoc/ripple.js:50:7684) at Object.ripple.define.module.exports.initialize (chrome-extension://geelfhphabnejjhdalkjhgipohgpdnoc/ripple.js:50:9040) at Object.transfunctioner.order._baton.pass (chrome-extension://geelfhphabnejjhdalkjhgipohgpdnoc/ripple.js:13:10695) at Object.transfunctioner.order._baton.pass (chrome-extension://geelfhphabnejjhdalkjhgipohgpdnoc/ripple.js:13:10750) at Object.transfunctioner.order._baton.pass (chrome-extension://geelfhphabnejjhdalkjhgipohgpdnoc/ripple.js:13:10750) at ripple.define._self.initialize (chrome-extension://geelfhphabnejjhdalkjhgipohgpdnoc/ripple.js:38:24891)

Marc

Jun 12, 2013, 1:16:04 PM6/12/13
to phon...@googlegroups.com
ok, I added the config.xml.  But now if I take out the

// require('cordova/channel').onNativeReady.fire();

the system never registers a deviceready event.

Any ideas?

Also, I'm still a bit uncomfortable modifying cordova.js.

In the meantime, I'lve upgraded to 2.8.0 hoping the problems will go away.

On Sunday, June 9, 2013 2:41:29 AM UTC+3, Tyler Frankenstein wrote:
Marc, I believe the error you see means there is no config.xml file in your www folder. E.G. https://github.com/phonegap/phonegap-start/tree/master/www

Marc

Jun 12, 2013, 5:34:08 PM6/12/13
to phon...@googlegroups.com
Same problems seem to exist in 2.8.0.

Raymond Camden

Jul 6, 2013, 3:49:54 PM7/6/13
to phon...@googlegroups.com
Just to add - still failing in PhoneGap 2.9 as well.