Another App is in the AppStore

13 views
Skip to first unread message

Jeff McFadden

unread,
Oct 24, 2008, 12:25:39 PM10/24/08
to phonegap
I had another app approved last night!

Binary Clock, by far the most exquisite binary chronograph available
for the iPhone, hit the store last night/this morning. Another
PhoneGap Success!

http://www.binaryclockapp.com

http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=294486524&mt=8

Mike Park

unread,
Oct 24, 2008, 12:37:17 PM10/24/08
to phon...@googlegroups.com
How to read the clock has a picture of your other app, instead of the binary clock Jeff.

Mike

Jeff McFadden

unread,
Oct 24, 2008, 2:21:34 PM10/24/08
to phonegap
They approved the app so fast I didn't have time to update the site
yet!

2 days from submission to approval!

-- Jeff

On Oct 24, 9:37 am, "Mike Park" <johnnycan...@gmail.com> wrote:
> How to read the clock has a picture of your other app, instead of the binary
> clock Jeff.
>
> Mike
>
> On Fri, Oct 24, 2008 at 12:25 PM, Jeff McFadden <jeff.mcfad...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
>
>
> > I had another app approved last night!
>
> > Binary Clock, by far the most exquisite binary chronograph available
> > for the iPhone, hit the store last night/this morning. Another
> > PhoneGap Success!
>
> >http://www.binaryclockapp.com
>
> >http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=294...

John Lai

unread,
Oct 24, 2008, 2:51:50 PM10/24/08
to phon...@googlegroups.com
Wow! We were told that it would take up to 3 weeks to approve our app (our
app is more complicated). Good to hear that they're flexible.

John

Igor Faletski

unread,
Nov 13, 2008, 7:19:49 PM11/13/08
to phonegap
Guys, we just got the free TransLink app (powered by PhoneGap) pushed
to the AppStore, make sure to check it out!

3 days from submission to approval...

Igor

On Oct 24, 10:51 am, John Lai <john1...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Wow! We were told that it would take up to 3 weeks to approve our app (our
> app is more complicated).  Good to hear that they're flexible.
>
> John
>

Andre Charland

unread,
Nov 13, 2008, 7:22:13 PM11/13/08
to phon...@googlegroups.com
congrats Igor!!! I'm going to check it out right now.
--
André Charland
President and Co-Founder, Nitobi
e. andre.c...@gmail.com
skype. ebadre
b. http://blogs.nitobi.com/andre
w. http://www.nitobi.com

Benny

unread,
Nov 17, 2008, 5:09:22 AM11/17/08
to phonegap
Hi,

Congratulations on the public transportation supporting application -
I hope more people would be inclined to use public transportation in
the light of applications like TransLink and th elike.

I'm new to this group; I'm interested in PhoneGap, and I'd like to ask
in what way does TransLink use PhoneGap? from what I could see without
installing the application on an iPhone (from your website), I
couldn't find any usage of iPhone native features like GPS or Camera..

IF you could explain why you needed PhoneGap and how you used it I'd
be very greatful..

thanks,
Benny.

On Nov 14, 2:19 am, Igor Faletski <igor.falet...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Guys, we just got the free TransLink app (powered by PhoneGap) pushed
> to the AppStore, make sure to check it out!
>
> 3 days from submission to approval...
>
> Igor
>
> On Oct 24, 10:51 am, John Lai <john1...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Wow! We were told that it would take up to 3 weeks toapproveour app (our

Jeff McFadden

unread,
Nov 17, 2008, 1:32:09 PM11/17/08
to phonegap
Igor,

Congrats!

-- Jeff

Igor Faletski

unread,
Nov 17, 2008, 2:33:12 PM11/17/08
to phonegap
If you check the Bus tab in the application it will show the nearby
bus stops... So we use GPS indeed!

Igor

Steve McKenzie

unread,
Nov 27, 2008, 7:08:25 PM11/27/08
to phonegap
Hey Igor,

I just noticed you guys updated the app. Great fixes. Some of the
clunkiness that bugged me is now gone. Also the font differences make
things look much nicer and easier to read.

I do notice that if you view a bunch of the sections, do a bunch of
stuff, it starts to slow down so im assuming that too much markup is
getting stuck on the page or something and causing more work for the
js layer.

1 thing that I would personally love to see added to the app, if you
guys can add some js that automatically figures out the next seabus
times. You only give the value of how often they come but with that,
you could easily show the actual values and save lazy people like me a
bit of time :)

Great job on the app though. It's really helpful and to be honest, I
wanted to make it but then found yours a week later.

On Nov 17, 11:33 am, Igor Faletski <igor.falet...@gmail.com> wrote:
> If you check the Bus tab in the application it will show the nearby
> bus stops... So we use GPS indeed!
>
> Igor
>
> On Nov 17, 2:09 am, Benny <gardenofw...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
>
> > Congratulations on the public transportation supporting application -
> > I hope more people would be inclined to use public transportation in
> > the light of applications likeTransLinkand th elike.
>
> > I'm new to this group; I'm interested in PhoneGap, and I'd like to ask
> > in what way doesTransLinkuse PhoneGap? from what I could see without
> > installing the application on an iPhone (from your website), I
> > couldn't find any usage of iPhone native features like GPS or Camera..
>
> > IF you could explain why you needed PhoneGap and how you used it I'd
> > be very greatful..
>
> >  thanks,
> > Benny.
>
> > On Nov 14, 2:19 am, Igor Faletski <igor.falet...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > Guys, we just got the freeTransLinkapp (powered by PhoneGap) pushed
Reply all
Reply to author
Forward
0 new messages