new phone drone, unable to connect to serial port with USB?

Sameer Parekh

Sep 7, 2012, 6:45:04 PM9/7/12
to phone-d...@googlegroups.com

I just picked up a phone drone, and I plugged it in via the micro-USB port to my mac so I could load software on it. The red LED turned on, but the mac did not find the FDTI USB device like it does for my APM and plain-jane Arduino. Am I doing something really stupid or is my phonedrone broken?

Enrico

Sep 9, 2012, 8:28:09 PM9/9/12
to phone-d...@googlegroups.com
The Phone Drone doesn't have a FTDTI chip. It has an Atmega32-au instead. The driver is in the drivers folder at the Arduino 1.0 folder. You have to install it manually, don't know how to do it in the Mac tho, in windows we do it on Device Management, and then inserting the path to the aforementioned folder. =)