USB Host Shield and do we need it for our Phonedroneboard v1.0

John Pachtoun

Mar 27, 2013, 3:46:36 AM3/27/13
to phone-d...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone!
Is somebody still working with the phoneboard?

I am quiet new in the field of UAV, Android and Arduino.
I istalled arduino ide 1.0.3, I have the newest update for the USB_Host_Shield_2.0 (library in the arduino).
Now while reading this:
http://www.circuitsathome.com/mcu/google-open-accessory-interface-for-usb-host-shield-library-2-0-released

I understood that we need an external USB host shield hardware. Am I right?

Eloy López

Mar 27, 2013, 4:19:02 AM3/27/13
to phone-d...@googlegroups.com
You are right, but it's included in Phoneboard.
I've been using Arduino Mega ADK, that was more expensive than other arduino models but includes USB Host also but finally I've found that this hardware wasn't 100% suitable for an arduino UAV project, I've read about Phonedroid but I've run out of money and time for testing it. I wish one day I can follow testing other hardware to my experiment.

2013/3/27 John Pachtoun <john.sc...@gmail.com>
The Phone Drone Discussion Group phone-d...@googlegroups.com

edit your settings
http://groups.google.com/group/phone-drone-adk?hl=de?hl=en

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "phone-drone-adk" group.

John Pachtoun

Mar 27, 2013, 4:34:43 AM3/27/13
to phone-d...@googlegroups.com
Ok! Thank you for the fast response Eloy!