Debugging Strategy

PyroMakus

Feb 24, 2012, 8:52:55 AM2/24/12
to phone-drone-adk
Guys,

With the phone drone board, how are you guys debugging the messages
from android. Can you hook up both usb connections on the phone drone
board? What I mean is: one to the phone and the other to the
computer? I want to see if the data that arrives to the board.

Falko

Feb 24, 2012, 12:12:58 PM2/24/12
to phone-d...@googlegroups.com
You will Need a phone with Root and install wireless adb. I have https://market.android.com/details?id=siir.es.adbWireless and it works fine. Without root there is no way. Google TV have wireless adb by default I think, since you cannot really connect them to your PC..

Falko

Von meinem iPad gesendet

> --
> --
> The Phone Drone Discussion Group phone-d...@googlegroups.com

> edit your settings
> http://groups.google.com/group/phone-drone-adk?hl=de?hl=en

Nicholas Cantrell

Feb 24, 2012, 12:22:52 PM2/24/12
to phone-d...@googlegroups.com
Be careful about leaving the phonedrone plugged in to your computer when you are running ESCs. I had a board failure after disconnecting my LiPoly. I think the ESC tried to power off of my USB port. Removing the servo power jumper might protect against this.

LLG

Aug 1, 2012, 9:29:31 AM8/1/12
to phone-d...@googlegroups.com
You don't need a smartphone wit root. You can configure your adb on your pc to use your wi-fi as a debug bridge.
Look at the information on the bottom of this page (Debbuging considerations) and follow the instructions. I tried and it worked fine to me.

http://developer.android.com/guide/topics/connectivity/usb/index.html

Falko Richter

Aug 1, 2012, 12:35:31 PM8/1/12
to phone-d...@googlegroups.com
Did you ever get this working on a non-rooted pre Android 4.0 device?
There might be wireless debugging on Android 4.0, but there weren´t
there at the time... You can do this on an GoogleTV for instance, but
they don´t do ADK...

Cheers

Falko