POP Plant Sale & Open House rescheduled for 5/7!

Phil Forsyth

Apr 28, 2023, 9:17:04 AM4/28/23
to Philadelphia Orchard Group
All,
Just noting that tomorrow's event has been rescheduled for next Sunday:

SPRING OPEN HOUSE & PLANT SALE: NEW DATE

DATE

May 07 2023

TIME

1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
POP Learning Orchard at The Woodlands
4000 Woodland Ave, Philadelphia, PA 19104

Our spring plant sale and open house is taking place at the POP Learning Orchard at the Woodlands. Visit the demonstration orchard and see what’s growing, and pick up some perennial plants for your garden from POP’s nursery. Plants available for sale will include figs, blueberries, elderberries, chokeberries, and a range of other fruiting trees, shrubs, vines, and some perennial flowers and herbs. The Open House is a free event but donations to support POP’s ongoing programs are appreciated.

Other guests at the Learning Orchard include:

  • Philly Forests is an 8-acre vegetable farm based in Northwest Philadelphia with a mission to Farm for the Ecosystem! Crop revenue funds their Urban Ecology Program where trees, shrubs, and perennials are distributed to areas with a low tree canopy. Philly Forests will be selling Spring and Summer veggie starts and annual flowers to kickstart your home garden!
  • Philadelphia Beekeepers Guild: a passionate group of beekeepers who work to encourage and promote sustainable urban beekeeping through fellowship and education, and to raise awareness of the importance of bees to our environment. We will be talking bees and selling honey and would love to talk to you about the “buzz” around the city!
  • Botanography: Visitors will be able to make nature prints in a similar manner as 17th and 18th-century gardeners and botanists made them in Philadelphia, with plant-based paper, inks, and oils using simple hand-tools and a small portable printing press.
See info about other upcoming events below!

Phil Forsyth, Co-Executive Director
Philadelphia Orchard Project
Pronouns: he/him