Free fruit trees via POP TreePhilly giveaway!

Phil Forsyth

Mar 19, 2021, 1:46:07 PM3/19/21
to ph...@googlegroups.com
Dear Philly Orchardists,
Interested in a free fruit tree?

POP is partnering with TreePhilly to give away a limited number of fruit trees (25 total) to city residents in May.  TreePhilly will be delivering these trees directly to recipients!

POP partners, we encourage you to share this with specific individual members of your community who may be interested (or to sign up on their behalf if needed).  Please do not repost to other email lists, etc!

Here's the list of what's currently available (25 trees total):

Trees
Shadblow Serviceberry3
Amelanchier Lamarkii - Serviceberry2
American Plum5
Fig - Chicago Hardy, Celeste, Italian Honey5
European pear - Ayers, Harrowsweet, Moonglow5
Mulberry5

For more information on the available tree options above, visit the TreePhilly page and scroll down to their fruit tree section. Tree selections available only while supplies last!

NOTES:

1. Only Philadelphia city residents are eligible.
2. Trees must be planted in ground in yards or community green spaces, not as potted trees or street trees.
3. Since we have a very limited number of trees (25 total), we ask that you please only select one tree for now.  We'll repost the offer again if all are not claimed.
4. If you have the means to purchase your own tree or live in a neighborhood with good existing tree coverage, please also consider giving others a chance to claim these trees first.  Again, we'll repost again if trees are still available.

Here's the link to register to receive a tree:

More info below.

Sign up for a free yard tree from TreePhilly!
TreePhilly is partnering with Philadelphia Orchard Project (POP) to give away trees to Philadelphia residents. Trees will be available through a door-to-door delivery service. Trees are available while supplies last.

Use this form to register for your FREE yard tree. Registration is open through Tuesday, May 11th. Your tree will be delivered during the week of May 17th.

Trees are available for Philadelphia residents only and must be planted in the ground (not in a pot) on private property in the city of Philadelphia.

TreePhilly is a program of Philadelphia Parks and Recreation in partnership with the Fairmount Park Conservancy, sponsored by TD Bank.
Phil Forsyth, Co-Executive Director
Philadelphia Orchard Project
Pronouns: he/him

"65 community orchards, 1472 fruit trees, and growing!"

Phil Forsyth

Apr 13, 2021, 3:27:00 PM4/13/21
to ph...@googlegroups.com
Philly Orchardists,

There are still a few trees available via our TreePhilly giveaway partnership.  TreePhilly will be delivering these trees directly to recipients in May!
POP partners, we encourage you to share this with specific individual members of your community who may be interested (or to sign up on their behalf if needed).  Please do not repost to other email lists, etc!

Here's the list of what's still available:

Trees
Shadblow Serviceberry2
European pear - Ayers, Harrowsweet, Moonglow
4
American Plum2
Mulberry1

[...]

Phil Forsyth

Nov 12, 2021, 1:00:38 PM11/12/21
to ph...@googlegroups.com
Dear Philly Orchardists,
Interested in free paw paw trees or elderberry bushes delivered directly to you?

POP is partnering with TreePhilly to give away a limited number of plants to city residents next week.  TreePhilly will be delivering these trees directly to recipients next week, but you need to register by 9am on Tuesday 11/16 Limited quantities, tree selections available only while supplies last.

Here is what is available:
Treestotal available
Pawpaw10 (pairs)
Elderberry6

For more information on the available tree options above, visit the TreePhilly page and scroll down to their fruit tree section. Tree selections available only while supplies last!

NOTES:

1. Only Philadelphia city residents are eligible.
2. Trees must be planted in ground in yards or community green spaces, not as potted trees or street trees.
3. Please register only for 1 pair of pawpaws and/or 1 elderberry.

Here's the link to register to receive a tree:

More info below.

Sign up for a free yard tree from TreePhilly!
TreePhilly is partnering with Philadelphia Orchard Project to give away free pawpaw and elderberry trees to the orchard-tending community across the city. You can now request an elderberry or pair of pawpaws that will be delivered to your home! We have a surplus of this wonderful indigenous fruit tree, grown from seeds collected right in Fairmount Park and we would love you to add them to your yard or orchard. The elderberries are grown at the Tree Authority in Perkasie PA.

Use this form to REQUEST a FREE yard tree. This request form is open through 11/17/21, and you will receive confirmation of your request to the email you provide. You may request up to 2 trees per planting address. To request a second tree, submit the form and re-fill it out again for the second tree. Trees are available while supplies last.

NOTE: Pawpaw trees come in PAIRS of TWO for pollination reasons. So, when you sign up for one tree, you will receive two. Buy one get one free, but they are all free. If you are interested in another kind of tree, please email us at in...@treephilly.org - there are some shade and flowering trees available.

For information on maintaining the trees and maximizing fruit production, visit Philly Orchard Project online: https://www.phillyorchards.org/

Your tree should be delivered week of 11/15. You'll receive the date of your delivery in your confirmation email.