Looking for Community Educators!

corrie

Apr 25, 2022, 9:25:25 AM4/25/22
to Philadelphia Orchard Group
Dear Philly Orchardists,

We are currently recruiting community educators to lead Harvest Education workshops throughout the season and wanted to extend the invitation to you and folks in your communities!

Do you or someone you know love to take harvests from the orchards, street trees, or wild and make them into something delicious, medicinal, or beautiful? Do you want to share your new or old traditions with the community? If so, we'd love to work with you!

This could look many different ways.
  • Topics have ranged from sharing family recipes like our upcoming Yebra - Stuffed Grape Leaves workshop coming up next month, to medicine making with elderberries and trifoliate oranges, to processing ginkgo nuts, and utilizing thinned fruits.
  • We have held workshops in-person, online, and in combination.
  • The workshop could potentially take place at the orchard you work with, a nearby community hub, or at the POP Learning Orchard in the Woodlands.

Please note that:
  • POP has a supplies budget for the workshops and offers an honorarium to community teachers.
  • You do not need be an expert to lead a workshop and share your knowledge with the community!
If you'd like to pitch a workshop idea or recommend a community educator, be in touch!

best,
Corrie

Corrie Spellman-Lopez