winter ag conferences: PASA, NOFA-NJ, and Food Forest Symposium

Phil Forsyth

Dec 15, 2022, 10:35:44 AM12/15/22
to Philadelphia Orchard Group
Philly Orchardists,
Winter is the season for ag education and farming conferences!

This year features two options, with lots of great speakers and content for both:

Virtual Conference (January 17–19), including a POP workshop on Eco-Orchard Design!

In-Person Conference (February 8–11) held in Lancaster, PA

PASA also recently received major USDA funding and is hiring for many new positions:

2. NOFA-NJ Winter Conference (Feb 2-5)
This year's conference is all virtual and features 70+ workshops on a wide variety of topics.

This virtual conference features speakers from around the world.  It is held in the UK, so some of the timing may be challenging for live content.

POP will of course have plenty of winter learning opportunities.  Save the date (January 28) for our pruning workshop at Bartram's Garden to kick off the season!  Our POPCORE workshop series will be held virtually in Feb and March and we are planning a Year of Propagation workshop series on grafting, seedsaving, rooting cuttings, etc.  Stay tuned for more info in January.

See below for POP's year end summary and appeal if interested. Wishing everyone a restful and joyful holiday season!

Phil Forsyth, Co-Executive Director
Philadelphia Orchard Project
Pronouns: he/him

Dec 15, 2022, 10:50:35 AM12/15/22
to Philadelphia Orchard Group
All,
I accidentally linked the NOFA-NY conference (also great) instead of the NOFA-NJ conference!  See corrected info below.

Philly Orchardists,
Winter is the season for ag education and farming conferences!

This year features two options, with lots of great speakers and content for both:

Virtual Conference (January 17–19), including a POP workshop on Eco-Orchard Design!

In-Person Conference (February 8–11) held in Lancaster, PA

PASA also recently received major USDA funding and is hiring for many new positions:

NOFA-NJ is back to an in person format this year, to be held at Rutgers University with a great lineup of speakers.

2. NOFA-NY Winter Conference (Feb 2-5)