Mocking ActionCable backends.

prest...@prestonlee.com

Mar 10, 2017, 12:24:20 PM3/10/17
to Phoenix Ruby Users Group
Hey folks, long time no see. :)

For space_elevator (https://github.com/preston/space_elevator) I'd like to find a simple, sane way of mocking out an ActionCable backend, preferably directly in memory *without* sucking in a bunch of backend crap, and supporting sequences of asynchronous events from a multi-threaded application. Anyone have an existing project to reference for a straightforward way of doing this?

Preston

Christopher Irish

Mar 13, 2017, 2:25:12 PM3/13/17
to phoeni...@googlegroups.com
I don't think Rails 5.x core even has a simple way of doing this.  Unless I've missed it

You are subscribed to the Google Groups "Phoenix Ruby Users Group" group.
To post, send email to phoeni...@googlegroups.com

Chris Irish
Managing Partner
Velocity Labs

Preston Lee

Mar 13, 2017, 6:48:59 PM3/13/17
to phoeni...@googlegroups.com
Yeah .. it feels like regression testing was not well thought out.

See http://rubyaz.org for group details

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Phoenix Ruby Users Group" group.

Christopher Irish

Mar 13, 2017, 7:03:31 PM3/13/17
to phoeni...@googlegroups.com
There's discussion around this topic here: https://github.com/rails/rails/pull/23211