New PHOCOA Release!

Alan Pinstein

Nov 21, 2007, 2:20:25 AM11/21/07
to phocoa...@googlegroups.com, phoco...@googlegroups.com
Hi All-

I am happy to announce the release of a new version of PHOCOA that includes AJAX infrastructure!

I have completely refactored all of the YUI stuff to support the built-in AJAX wiring, and also added direct support for AJAX forms into PHOCOA.

The support isn't complete yet in terms of widgets that support AJAX events, but the complete underpinnings are there.

Take a look at these updated examples to get a feel for the new functionality:

General AJAX Support:

Updated YUI Widgets:

If you're interested in the API docs, check out WFAction and WFRPC, which are the two main ways you deal with AJAX in PHOCOA.

I am very interested to hear any feedback on the architecture or API. I think I have managed to make it very easy to use. It takes very little code to set up AJAX callbacks, and it seems quite stable and performant.

This release also includes a bunch of fixes.

Please post any issues to:

Regards & Happy Thanksgiving.

Enjoy!
Alan