How to install Phocoa

1 view

Stéphane WECKER

Nov 30, 2007, 5:44:54 AM11/30/07
to phocoa users
Hi there.
I try to install Phocoa in MAMP (mac OS X).

pear say that /tmp/pear/cache/phocoa/phing/data/PHOCOA-0.5/conf/
httpd.conf doesn't exist.

So I copy all phocoa files into /tmp/pear/cache/phocoa/phing/data/
PHOCOA-0.5/. (pear copy this file in /tmp/pear/cache/phocoa/phing/data/
phocoa/)

But I have a new error message :
"ERROR: file /tmp/pear/cache/phocoa/phing/data/PHOCOA-0.5/framework/
createView.php does not exist"

And unfortunatly, there is no createView.php in the tgz.

I'm new in pear configuration, so I don't know where to find a way to
install phocoa.

Thanks.

Sorry about my bad english.

Alan Pinstein

Nov 30, 2007, 10:46:42 AM11/30/07
to phocoa...@googlegroups.com
Salut-

Bienvenue a PHOCOA! Quand j'ecris en francais, ce n'est pas tres bien
non plus... donc j'ecris en anglais maintenant... :)

Thanks for trying out PHOCOA! I'll be glad to help you out.

There is currently no PEAR installer for PHOCOA, so I am not sure how
PEAR has gotten involved. There is in the download the beginnings of
some code related to making PHOCOA be pear-installable, but it
doesn't work yet. Maybe you were trying to run that... Once you've
downloaded PHOCOA, there is no need to do anything with PEAR to make
PHOCOA work. In fact, you can't do anything with PHOCOA and PEAR
right now...

Maybe that will solve your problem?

Alan

Stéphane WECKER

Dec 1, 2007, 6:04:25 AM12/1/07
to phocoa users
Thanks a lot Alan.

I simply try a pear http://.../phocoa.tgz installation and it's why
phocoa doesn't work.

Now, all is ok except the sqlite support.
phocoa use sqllite (with 2 l) in the propel config file.

I try to fix this error, but some issues are staying :
"Unable to create file phocoa because Permission denied" (even if my
htdocs directory is in 777 chmode).

If someone success to use SQLite with phocoa, I'm interested to
understand what is wrong.
Now, I'll try to use mysql.

Thanks.

Alan Pinstein

Dec 1, 2007, 7:30:31 AM12/1/07
to phocoa...@googlegroups.com
Glad that helped with the phocoa install.

The propel mailing lists are really helpful for sorting out propel
issues.

Are you using propel 1.3? That is the version that works best with
phocoa at present. Propel 1.2 takes extra work to set up...

Alan