YAML Object Map

rfallis

Jul 25, 2008, 4:28:54 PM7/25/08
to phocoa users, ct...@scratchspace.com, cmi...@scratchspace.com
If something like this is clearly in the docs, please disabuse me of
my ignorance, but I'd really like a reference tree of all the YAML
objects and their properties. Any possibility of that soon?

Alan Pinstein

Jul 25, 2008, 8:55:01 PM7/25/08
to phocoa...@googlegroups.com
There is no such thing as "YAML properties". YAML is just used to
configure the PHOCOA objects.

PHOCOA objects are all documented...

http://phocoa.com/docs/

For instance, if you want to know all of your options for WFCheckbox,
look here:

http://phocoa.com/docs/UI/Widgets/WFCheckbox.html

As much as possible, each object is documented for the common things
you'd use in YAML under the "PHOCOA Builder Setup" area of the docs.

As for the raw YAML syntax that I use to "bootstrap" to the point
described above, it is documented here:

http://phocoa.com/docs/UI/PageController/WFPage.html#initInstanceYAML

Clearly not the most obvious place! Sorry about that.

The shared.yaml is documented here:

http://phocoa.com/docs/WebApplication/Module/WFModule.html#loadConfigPHP

It shows it for the old-way of doing it when they were done with PHP
arrays, but you can see the structure and it's the same in YAML.

Hopefully this helps out a bit. Let me know if it does; I should
probably put together a cheat-sheet on this.

Alan

Alan Pinstein

Jul 27, 2008, 10:52:05 PM7/27/08
to phocoa...@googlegroups.com
> There is no such thing as "YAML properties". YAML is just used to
> configure the PHOCOA objects.

I think this part was badly stated... I wrote the last email when tired.

So yeah there are some YAML structures to use. I described them in
the previous reply, but just wanted to point this out in case it was
confusing you.

Alan