Custom XHRRPC needed for WFYAHOO_widget_Carousel?

1 view

SwissalpS

Aug 12, 2010, 10:44:13 AM8/12/10
to phocoa users
After having been able to make a WFYAHOO_widget_Dialog load it's
contents with ajax, I'm now trying the WFYAHOO_widget_Carousel and
hoping to get it's contents loaded by ajax.

I have posted the question that arose on the Phocoa Forum on
lefora.com
http://phocoa.lefora.com/2010/08/12/custom-xhrrpc-needed-for-wfyahoo_widget_carousel/#post0

Alan Pinstein

Aug 13, 2010, 9:34:03 AM8/13/10
to phocoa...@googlegroups.com
Hey-

I am not sure how far I got with that carousel... I recall that it sucked in some way so I quit working on it.

Alan

SwissalpS

Aug 14, 2010, 8:41:03 AM8/14/10
to phocoa users
Hmm, it is marked beta after all.

Now I have 'manually' set it up as described at yui docs and it seems
to work so far.

There are nice examples in the PHOCOA doc about how to use the
'onEvent' property in yaml. (been working like a charm)
I still haven't found any describing custom XHRRPC. I would like to
get it working using the PHOCOA framework.
Is there any example out there?

btw alan, did you remove the leora forum? On phocoa.com menu-
>community->forum is now 'broken'. I followed this link as I thought
it was the forum you would like us to use. Being on the official
website and all ;-)

Luke
On Aug 13, 3:34 pm, Alan Pinstein <apinst...@mac.com> wrote:
> Hey-
>
> I am not sure how far I got with that carousel... I recall that it sucked in some way so I quit working on it.
>
> Alan
>
> On Aug 12, 2010, at 10:44 AM, SwissalpS wrote:
>

> > After having been able to make a WFYAHOO_widget_Dialog load it's
> > contents with ajax, I'm now trying the WFYAHOO_widget_Carousel and
> > hoping to get it's contents loaded by ajax.
>
> > I have posted the question that arose on the Phocoa Forum on
> > lefora.com
> >http://phocoa.lefora.com/2010/08/12/custom-xhrrpc-needed-for-wfyahoo_...

Alan Pinstein

Aug 14, 2010, 10:29:42 AM8/14/10
to phocoa...@googlegroups.com
> There are nice examples in the PHOCOA doc about how to use the
> 'onEvent' property in yaml. (been working like a charm)
> I still haven't found any describing custom XHRRPC. I would like to
> get it working using the PHOCOA framework.
> Is there any example out there?

I don't think I documented it too much.

It is in the source code at externals/phocoa/phocoa/wwwroot/www/
framework/js/phocoa.js.

IT's PHOCOA.WFRPC. Basically it works like:

var rpc = PHOCOA.WFRPC('invPath');
rpc.execute();

There's a lot more you can do, but that's the basics. Read the source
(it's pretty small) to see more.

I kind of stopped adding lots of documentation when the framework
wasn't widely adopted. It was just taking too much time.

Alan