problem with running PHLAWD

nsa...@gmail.com

Oct 11, 2015, 7:29:13 AM10/11/15
to phlawd
Hi All,

I have just installed PHLAWD and ran the db update:
PHLAWD setupdb db.setup
that created the pln.db file
now, when I run the following:
PHLAWD assemble config.PHLAWD
I am getting an error:
genbank database file: /groups/itay_mayrose/nivsabath/big.tree/pln.db # location of sqlite genbank database doesn't exist
even though I am specifying the exact path to the database (see config file below).

Any ideas how to make PHLAWD to work?

Thanks,

Niv

Config file:
clade = Fabaceae # should match an ncbi taxon name
search = rbcL # searches the descriptions, for multiple separate with spaces or commas
gene = rbcL2 # the directory and prefix to all output file names
mad = 0.01 # the threshold for breaking alignments, higher = less broken up
coverage = 0.7 # this is the stringency of the coverage for homology
identity = 0.5 # same as above but with identity
db = /groups/itay_mayrose/nivsabath/big.tree/pln.db # location of sqlite genbank database
knownfile = rbcL.keep # file with fasta sequences identifying gene region of interest
numthreads = 4 # number of threads for pthreads

Here are the location of the data base:
compute-7-0 23% pwd
/groups/itay_mayrose/nivsabath/big.tree
compute-7-0 24% ls -l | grep pln.db
-rwxrwxrwx 1 nivsabath lifesci1 14019650560 Oct 11 13:04 pln.db

Stephen Smith

Oct 11, 2015, 10:46:24 PM10/11/15
to phl...@googlegroups.com
Hm, This is very strange. Can you paste the whole output?

Are you running this on a cluster? Just wondering if there is something strange with the path or something like that.

nsa...@gmail.com

Oct 12, 2015, 2:33:04 AM10/12/15
to phlawd
Hi Stephen,

Thanks for the quick reply.
Yes, it's installed on a cluster and I am testing it on one node. Here is the path and output:

compute-7-0 2%  /share/apps/phlawd/bin/PHLAWD
PHLAWD 3.3a
you need more arguments.
usage: PHLAWD task configfile
possible tasks include:
        seqquery     -- just get the distribution of best hits to get cutoffs
        assemble     -- includes assembling and profiling
        justprofile  -- just profiles (assumes you have assembled)
        justassemble -- just assembles (assumes you will profile with justprofile
        setupdb      -- tasks performed on the SQLite database
        outlier      -- analyses on the detection of outliers
compute-7-0 3%
compute-7-0 3% /share/apps/phlawd/bin/PHLAWD assemble config.PHLAWD
genbank database file: /groups/itay_mayrose/nivsabath/big.tree/pln.db # location of sqlite genbank database doesn't exist
compute-7-0 4% PHLAWD assemble config.PHLAWD
genbank database file: /groups/itay_mayrose/nivsabath/big.tree/pln.db # location of sqlite genbank database doesn't exist

Stephen Smith

Oct 12, 2015, 8:23:17 AM10/12/15
to phl...@googlegroups.com
OK, i think it might be simply that you need to delete the # after your path to the db in the config file.

nsa...@gmail.com

Oct 12, 2015, 8:40:09 AM10/12/15
to phlawd
Yes, it works now. Thanks!

it might be worth removing these comments from the example config file in

Cheers,

Niv

Stephen Smith

Oct 12, 2015, 8:54:55 AM10/12/15
to phl...@googlegroups.com
Good suggestion, I will fix that so they are on different lines