Username/password length

Jeff V

Jul 28, 2015, 12:20:25 PM7/28/15
to pHKapa
Hello all,
Phkapa only allows 8 characters on username and password input. This makes the software unusable in our situation - and probably others, I'd imagine. I can work around not having LDAP, but not being able to map usernames to well-established organizational values wont' work for us.

Any fix for this? Any plans to alter the design?

Jeff

jqu...@iol.pt

Jul 28, 2015, 6:44:47 PM7/28/15
to phk...@googlegroups.com

Hello Jeff,

 it's very easy to change pHKapa and alter a few lines of code to do so ... and with a little more effort you can also use LDAP auth

Are you a PHP programer?

pHAlkaline

Jul 29, 2015, 3:28:23 PM7/29/15
to pHKapa, jef...@gmail.com, jef...@gmail.com
Hello Jeff,
Paulo from pHAlkaline here.
Thanks for your interest on pHKapa.
There was no plans to alter de design but we can do it for the next free Release, no problem, also the reply from jquest is also correct, you as a programer can easly do it.
If you require some urgency with this or other issues please contact phAlkaline directly.

Jeff Vannest

Jul 31, 2015, 10:22:31 AM7/31/15
to pHAlkaline, pHKapa
Hello all,
I have updated my local files to support 40 character usernames and passwords on create, view and edit.

Looking in GitHub, I don't see an issue/escalation path for source code changes. Do my mind if I contribute these changes? Is there a testing/review process that should be followed? (I don't typically use GitHub so I apologize if I'm overlooking it.)

Jeff

Paulo A. A. Homem

Jul 31, 2015, 4:42:34 PM7/31/15
to pHKapa
Jeff Check this http://book.cakephp.org/2.0/en/contributing/code.html , its more or less the same way

On Sex Jul 31 15:22 , Jeff Vannest sent:

pHAlkaline

Aug 1, 2015, 8:38:12 AM8/1/15
to phk...@googlegroups.com
Hello,
If you wish to contribute without github account you can also zip and send to pHAlkaline the modified files, we will merge it and add it to github repository