CSHPM Online Colloquium: Lauren Siegel

Nicolas Fillion

Mar 7, 2021, 12:44:14 AM3/7/21
to philosop...@googlegroups.com
***CSHPM Online Colloquium: Lauren Siegel***

The Canadian Society for History and Philosophy of Mathematics (http://www.cshpm.org/) invites members as well as the broader scholarly community to the next talk in our online colloquium series via Zoom. Participants are encouraged to become members (for as little as $10-$30/year, depending on your employment status), but it is not required. Non-members can get regular updates on our activities by liking us on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/cshpmschpm). The talk will last 30 minutes, followed by a Q&A.

LAUREN SIEGEL, Director of the MathHappens Foundation, will deliver the twelfth talk of the CSHPM Online Colloquium series.

DATE: March 12th
TIME: UTC 19:00; Vancouver 11:00; Edmonton 12:00; Regina/Winnipeg 13:00; Montreal/Toronto 14:00; Halifax 15:00; St. John's 15:30

TITLE: Primary sources and mathematical artifacts can inspire creative presentations for outreach projects
ABSTRACT: For six years MathHappens Foundation has been collaborating with museums, cultural institutions and hosts of community events of all kinds to bring some mathematics to the party. What we create starts with the exhibits, topics or event themes in place. In researching mathematical connections, we have found some surprises in primary sources and mathematical artifacts that lead to unique and creative ways to share mathematics concepts.  I'll show a selection.

Please distribute this information to all who might be interested. The information to join the session via Zoom is as follows:

Topic: CSHPM Online Colloquium: Lauren Siegel
Time: Mar 12, 2021 11:00 AM Pacific Time (US and Canada)

Join Zoom Meeting
https://sfu.zoom.us/j/61558935660?pwd=NVlOcmNHbWYyK09uNVlYMDdsN3BZUT09

Meeting ID: 615 5893 5660
Password: 540393
One tap mobile
+16473744685,,61558935660#,,,,0#,,540393# Canada
+16473752970,,61558935660#,,,,0#,,540393# Canada

Dial by your location
        +1 647 374 4685 Canada
        +1 647 375 2970 Canada
        +1 647 375 2971 Canada