Philosed…

Earle F. Zeigler

May 3, 2011, 12:00:33 AM5/3/11
to phil...@googlegroups.com
Thank you. Craig, for your professional zeal.

I still feel there's a "most significant place" for philosophy of education in the training of all teachers.

However, I believe, also, that it MUST be of the type that encourages young professionals to truly "find themselves" and in the process help them find a mission and a life purpose.

John S. Brubacher (Yale and Michigan) helped me do just that in the later 1940s, and I shall be eternally grateful for his counsel and friendship.

I have been active in the field for 70 years, and I tried to help others as he helped me…

Best wishes to all.

Earle

Earle F. Zeigler, Ph.D., LL.D., D.Sc. is a dual citizen of Canada and the United States.

A past president of the National Academy of Kinesiology and the International Association for Philosophy of Sport, and hon. past president of the North American Society for Sport Management, Zeigler has specialized in physical activity education, sport, health, and recreation.

After 70 years of professional service divided equally between both countries, he writes primarily on North American human values, ethics, and personal decision-making.

105-8560 Gen. Currie Rd.,Richmond, BC, Canada V6Y 1M2

Email:           zei...@uniserve.com.net

Tel. & fax:     604/270-8414