[Philodemic Society] Some Help

andre...@gmail.com

May 21, 2010, 1:54:50 PM5/21/10
to The Philodemic Society of Georgetown University
I was hoping that someone in the Philodemic could help me. As an
alumnus, I'm not given access Georgetown library sources remotely. I
need to access Lexus Nexus for some research I'm doing. Would some
one, preferably not a senior, be willing to give me their last name
and their 9 digit go card number? I swear, there really isn't
anything I can do with that information other than log into library
sources, which won't even impinge on your ability to do the same
simultaneously. I'd be eternally grateful.

Thanks!

dwa...@gmail.com

May 21, 2010, 1:58:29 PM5/21/10
to philodem...@googlegroups.com
Just ask a fellow AEI employee!!!
Walker
837458007

Joe McReynolds

May 21, 2010, 7:07:06 PM5/21/10
to philodem...@googlegroups.com
I was going to send this to Rugg directly, but it's useful information for graduating seniors as well so I'll mention it to all -- Georgetown is currently running a program where, as an alumnus, if you donate in two consecutive years (even if it's just $1 -- all they care about is that it raises their alumni giving %), you get lifetime online access to all the Georgetown library databases.  They call it the 'Legacy Society' or something like that. Very, very useful to have!

My account *should* work since I've donated twice in a row -- 830367621 and 'McReynolds', but I haven't tried it yet.

Good luck!

(And tell AEI to quit being so cheap with their Lexus Nexus accounts. ;) )