Constitutional Amendments

Claire McCarthy

Apr 15, 2010, 1:57:16 PM4/15/10
to The Philodemic Society of Georgetown University
Please post any and all constitutional amendments here. Thank you.

Nick Iacono

Apr 17, 2010, 3:19:19 PM4/17/10
to The Philodemic Society of Georgetown University
I would like to propose an amendment to the Constitution as follows (I
am not sure if this is the appropriate place for this amendment or the
appropriate wording, and I would welcome anyone who agrees with
intention of the proposal (or not) to speak of up if they could think
of a better way to express it.

The following be added as Section 12 to Article IV: Relative to
Conduct

"At each debate once the President has called the chamber to order and
the keynoters have been appropriately introduced, the Sergeant-at-Arms
shall close the Philodemic Room door and no member or guest shall be
permitted to enter or exit until all keynoters have finished their
speeches, barring of course any emergencies or grave circumstances.
Following the keynote addresses the Sergeant-at-Arms shall open the
door and all will be permitted to enter and exit, provided they do so
in a manner that is respectful to the Floor Speaker and the decorum of
the Society in general.”

Respectfully,

Nick

On Apr 15, 1:57 pm, Claire McCarthy <clairemccart...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Please post any and all constitutional amendments here. Thank you.

Nick Myers

Apr 23, 2010, 4:38:54 PM4/23/10
to The Philodemic Society of Georgetown University
I also have a constitutional amendment for consideration.

It would add Article V, Section 10, Clause 3, stating as follows:

The Sergeant-At-Arms shall be entrusted with handling the Mace of the
Philodemic Society, which shall be employed, within reason, to
maintain the rules and regulations stipulated by the Constitution,
Bylaws, and Traditions of the Philodemic Society during the course of
Philodemic business.

On Apr 15, 1:57 pm, Claire McCarthy <clairemccart...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Please post any and all constitutional amendments here. Thank you.

Nick Myers

Apr 23, 2010, 4:48:01 PM4/23/10
to The Philodemic Society of Georgetown University
I also have this other one to submit, adding Article V, Section 6,
Clause 5:

The Membership Secretary will be responsible for creating and
maintaining a list of members of the Philodemic Society according to
seniority to be accessible to Society members and to be used by the
President when resolving divergent claims of seniority among members.
A copy of this list will be provided to the Librarian at the start of
each semester for the Archives.