Dev Night Update

Will Stallwood

Feb 8, 2013, 2:37:16 PM2/8/13
to phill...@googlegroups.com
Guys,

A few things. #1, we've been talking about how to make Dev Night even better. So, we'd like to start doing little events.

We're going to be asking other indie devs to do talks once a month. Also, we're thinking about doing a "book club" event where we pick one indie game to play a month and have an hour round circle discussion about it.

Finally, we have switched over the google group to get away from the Unity dealio. Here's a link to the group:

Cheers,
BJ

William Stallwood
Creative Director
Cipher Prime Studios

Auditorium, Fractal, Pulse, Splice

Zenas Bellace

Feb 8, 2013, 3:39:35 PM2/8/13
to phill...@googlegroups.com
Sounds awesome!

What was  the Unity dealio?

Andrei Marks

Feb 8, 2013, 3:40:19 PM2/8/13
to phill...@googlegroups.com
That's this group, the Philly Unity User group.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Andrei Marks | Developer
Cipher Prime | @cipherprime
and...@cipherprime.com | @andreimarks

Zenas Bellace

Feb 8, 2013, 3:52:19 PM2/8/13
to phill...@googlegroups.com
Gotcha

Yeah this group is deprecated at this point, isn't it?

Will Stallwood

Feb 8, 2013, 4:26:40 PM2/8/13
to phill...@googlegroups.com
Yep. I'm closing this google group later this week.

William Stallwood
Creative Director
Cipher Prime Studios

Auditorium, Fractal, Pulse, Splice

Woody Fentress

Feb 9, 2013, 7:19:57 PM2/9/13
to phill...@googlegroups.com
I'm in for indie game of the month club.
Woody Fentress
Philadelphia PA 19143

Christian Plummer

Feb 10, 2013, 9:40:50 PM2/10/13
to phill...@googlegroups.com
The 'book club' sounds fun, my only request is trying to keep the titles under $15 or so for those of us on tighter budgets than others.
--
Christian

Kotaro Fujita

Feb 11, 2013, 12:05:59 PM2/11/13
to phill...@googlegroups.com
Would be nice to have some kinda code review night.  Either some brave soul shows their code to us for review OR we can break down a simple game and figure out how we would build that project in Unity.  What technical huddles might come up.  etc.,.

Will Stallwood

Feb 11, 2013, 6:06:33 PM2/11/13
to phill...@googlegroups.com
You guys can rip my code apart anytime…

William Stallwood
Creative Director
Cipher Prime Studios

Auditorium, Fractal, Pulse, Splice

Moises Carreras

Feb 11, 2013, 10:28:40 PM2/11/13
to phill...@googlegroups.com
I would let ya pick me apart. I like that idea! That gets my vote!

Dain Saint

Feb 11, 2013, 10:29:44 PM2/11/13
to phill...@googlegroups.com
I'm shy.
Dain Xavier Saint
Cipher Prime | www.cipherprime.com

Moises Carreras

Feb 11, 2013, 10:44:31 PM2/11/13
to phill...@googlegroups.com
lol. I have no problem being the whipping boy. i might learn something, and hopefully be better off after. I'm definitely not shy.