StarCraft2 F2P?

moisescarre

Sep 26, 2012, 7:51:55 AM9/26/12
to phill...@googlegroups.com
FYI.  I just read today that according to lead designer Dustin Browder, (via Joystiq) the developer is 'looking at free-to-play as an option for multiplayer.'  He did admit though, that there really isn't any idea of how to monetize a F2P, since 'pay for units' philosophy would corrupt the unit balance.

Just thought some of you might be interested.
  Moises

Michael Zornek

Sep 30, 2012, 9:06:58 PM9/30/12
to phill...@googlegroups.com
Battle.net 2.0 was a disappointment to many. Some thought they might do
pay for addons/services so you do true clan support, your own
tournaments, etc.

That said, those are a full replacement for a pay for game.

I think it was a mistake for them to think they could see SC2 three
times for $60 a pop. We'll see.

~ Mike
--
Michael Zornek