Revit MEP book finally out...

1 view

Moore, Jesse

Oct 18, 2010, 1:23:03 PM10/18/10
to phill...@googlegroups.com

Sorry I forgot to add a subject in case the first one got caught in your junk mail…

Oct 18, 2010, 4:10:46 PM10/18/10
to phill...@googlegroups.com

Actually I've had a copy of the book since it was delivered on 9/29; one of the perks of being an instructor and rec'g eval copies in advance of the general public :)

However, even though I've had it a few weeks, I haven't had a chance to go thru it w/ a fine tooth comb.  I can tell you though that there are datasets available for download on the Wiley site, which are req'd to work along w/ the book's exercises.  Having said that, I should warn you that there are some missing files on the site.  The zip file for Chapter 2 is completely missing, which contains a RVT file and two RTE files; a family for Chapter 15 is missing from the available zip file; and one of the Chapter 9 files needs to be renamed after unzipping it in order to match the book :)  I submitted a tech support request to get the missing files, but the publisher merely responded to me directly w/ the missing stuff...they have NOT posted them to the Wiley site as of this writing.

Plus, if you visit the Errata section of the site, you'll be able to read a disclaimer about some issues related to the Properties Palette and Instance Parameters:

http://www.sybex.com/WileyCDA/SybexTitle/Mastering-Autodesk-Revit-MEP-2011.productCd-0470626372,navId-290573,pageCd-errata.html

I'm hopeful that these little hiccups will be the extent of the problems, and that the book will prove to be useful once I get a chance to run thru it one exercise as a time.  In the meantime I'd love to get feedback from others in this group if they have anything to offer about it good or bad.

Tim