next meeting, September 29th,

Craig ~ iRevit.com

Jun 30, 2010, 7:45:07 PM6/30/10
to Philadelphia Revit Users
We're planning to meet on the 29th at the community college again!

Walt-z

Jul 1, 2010, 7:29:03 AM7/1/10
to Philadelphia Revit Users
Sorry couldn't make it,
Anyone willing to post a summary?

What's the consensus on 2011? a) "upgrade right away! - you need this
cool stuff" or b) "just Ok, not going to set the world on fire.."

On Jun 30, 7:45 pm, "Craig ~ iRevit.com" <vunderkr...@gmail.com>

Craig ~ iRevit.com

Jul 1, 2010, 9:21:32 AM7/1/10
to Philadelphia Revit Users
I choose: "upgrade right away! - you need this cool stuff"

Performance increase for opening large files and working in 3D is
remarkably improved. lots of useful new features.

As of yesterday we began upgrading our projects and starting new
projects in 2011. I may get to some minutes but make no promises.
cheers,
craig

Peter Gehring

Jul 1, 2010, 10:59:15 AM7/1/10
to Philadelphia Revit Users
I upgraded for the same reasons, cool and more productive.

Jim

Jul 22, 2010, 11:44:52 AM7/22/10
to Philadelphia Revit Users
Hi all,

Got back from an amazing trip to Malaysia last week and just wanted to
touch base with the group and see how the last meeting went. I've
marked down Sept. 29th for the next meeting. Any idea what the topic
for that one will be?

As for 2011, from what I've seen it looks pretty awesome. We'll be
upgrading ASAP.

Thanks,
Jim

On Jul 1, 10:59 am, Peter Gehring <pgehr...@imcconstruction.com>

Michael

Aug 4, 2010, 1:17:08 PM8/4/10
to Philadelphia Revit Users, Peter Vanko
Confirming Revit Users Group at Community College Thursday September
29 at 6 pm.

Our Department would be delighted to host the next meeting at the
College.

Thank you Reed for a great overview of 2011; and thanks for the pizza!

Regarding topics, it seems like there is plenty to cover in trading
notes on the 2011 release. It sounds like enough in the group have
deployed the new release to discuss experiences. From a teaching point
of view, I am most interested in the new schematic design and the
incorporation of features from Ecotect.

We are running Revit 2010 and moving to 2011 in January. W4-36 is
equipped with 30 computers that are running Revit.

Mary Ann Duffy

Aug 19, 2010, 4:58:59 PM8/19/10
to phill...@googlegroups.com
Hey Michael --
How was your vacation in Italy? Hope you had fun!
Mary Ann

Jim Marchese

Sep 19, 2010, 6:37:08 PM9/19/10
to phill...@googlegroups.com, Peter Vanko
Hi everyone,

September 29th will be here before we know it so I wanted to nail down a few items sooner than later regarding the next Philly RUG meeting.

1.  Location - it sounds like Philadelphia Community College venue worked out well for the last meeting and it sounds like Michael is interested in hosting again.  This sounds like a good option to me.
2.  Sponsors - thanks to Reid and Microsol for sponsoring the last meeting and giving an overview of the 2011 suite of products.  Are there any other resellers on the mailing list who may want to step up fr this meeting?
3. Topics - Revit 2011 First Impressions/Experiences (as suggested by Michael Stern).  I think this sounds like a pretty good topic.  I can offer up my recent experiences with the copy/monitor feature of fixtures between Arch and MEP (less than stellar) but it isn't enough to sustain an entire meeting.  I'd also love see a project presentation or a collaboration success story (in any version of Revit) if anyone has something they'd like to offer up.
4.  Anything else - please offer up some ideas/comments/suggestions as to what else we could possibly incorporate into the next meeting.  I'd like to try and get some guest speakers to come in and address the group for future meetings.

I'll be on the road for the next few days, but will have access to email and will be checking it regularly.

Thanks,
Jim

Moore, Jesse

Sep 20, 2010, 11:32:16 AM9/20/10
to phill...@googlegroups.com

if someone else can bring a computer and Revit MEP 2010 or later I can make a family and say here is what I found useful and open it up to comment form the peanut gallery.

Take Care,

Jesse L. Moore

rad...@addiscomputer.com

Sep 20, 2010, 8:25:16 PM9/20/10
to phill...@googlegroups.com
Jim,
Sadly, I will be in Costa Rica on vacation next week :)
I hope it is a great meet up.

Reid