Update to Job Posting Policy

Bread & Roses

Feb 10, 2022, 10:40:19 AM2/10/22
to Philly Jobs for Change
Dear Philly Jobs for Change Members,

To further promote racial equity and economic justice for all people, Bread & Roses is requiring the listing of a salary or salary range for all job postings on our Philly Jobs for Change listserve. Studies have shown that not disclosing a clear salary during the hiring process perpetuates wage disparities based on race and gender. We invite you to read more about the importance of salary transparency in this piece by Vu Le.

Beginning February 14, 2022, all postings for paid employment opportunities must include a salary or salary range. Any job posting that does not include a salary will be rejected. Rejected postings can be resubmitted after a transparent salary or salary range is provided. This will not affect volunteer opportunities or other clearly labeled unpaid labor.

Thank you,

Bread & Roses Community Fund
100 S. Broad Street, Suite 1600
Philadelphia, PA 19102